Mono, 'The Kissing Disease', Really Is Spread Primarily Through Kissing

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1]Mono, 'The Kissing Disease', Really Is Spread Primarily Through Kissing[/h] [h=2]Researchers found that deep kissing is the only risk factor that enhances a student's likelihood of contracting the "kissing disease."[/h]
Medical Daily Excerpt:
Mono has been dubbed the "kissing disease" by many a student. However, according to one study, the illness may truly live up to its name. In a study conducted by researchers at the University of Minnesota Medical School, researchers found that deep kissing was the only risk factor that enhanced a student's likelihood of contracting the disease.
Mono, short for mononucleosis, is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, with symptoms including decreased appetite, fatigue, fever, headache, sore throat and swollen tonsils. It is spread through contact with an infected person's saliva, whether through a cough, sneeze, or sharing food with a person. It is less contagious than the common cold, however. A significant portion of people are exposed to the virus before adulthood and develop immunity to it, though some may never have exhibited symptoms at all.
The study tracked 546 college students from their freshman to senior year. About 63 percent of the students had antibodies for the virus in their blood, indicating that they had already been exposed to the disease. The other 143 students returned to the health center about every eight weeks for two years in order to test whether they had the disease.
End Excerpt

If you called AIDS by what behavior leads to it in the vast majority of cases, you'd be pilloried...
Watch.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Having had Mono, I can attest deep kissing with college students did certainly NOT give it to me.....

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Having had Mono, I can attest deep kissing with college students did certainly NOT give it to me.....

I'd like to find a few college students and try to get Mono this weekend...

Latest Discussions