"Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp" July 14 - 17, 2011

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tim

Are you holding this at a martial arts school?

Is it centrally located close to hotels for people coming in from out of state?

Mark

Mark,

You will of course have to confirm with Tim about the location, but I thought right now it was at his school with the option based upon pre-registration on possible adding some nearby (* same plaza *) floor space.

I also know that there are hotels and motels near by. I have staid at a few of them when in the area. Most are within a few miles of the location.

Thanks

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tim

Are you holding this at a martial arts school?

Is it centrally located close to hotels for people coming in from out of state?

Mark

Mark-

I hope all is well. Here is an answer to your questions and more.

I will be hosting the event at my school (Horizon Martial Arts). It is 11 miles from the Buffalo Airport (BUF). The Hotel (Holiday Inn Express) is in between the airport and the school. The hotel is 4 miles from the school.

There is are 2 other busnesses in the plaza I negotiating with to use there facilities with mine if we need the space. If the event is to large for the 3 location, I have a sports complex that I use for my tournaments. This location is about a mile from the school.

There will be a banquet (included in the camp fee) Saturday evening at the restaurant next to the hotel.

I hope this helped you out. I will have more information coming.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Definitely a seminar not to miss if you can make it! Way to many great instructors to pass up! ;)

Yes, from the instructors I have personally talked to, we are going to make it a great event for all who attend.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

PS - Dang. Just looked at my picture there as I posted. Gotta get me a new pic. That one's old and I haved a lot less hair.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
On a totally different note, I have decided what I am going to teach. I have been working on a way to simplify baston y daga instruction from a distancing point of view.

Time permitting I will also cover 'body management'. Remember how RP used to toss us around and not break a sweat? There are certain factors I have isolated on how he did it that I are easily taught and understood. That'll be my second topic if there is time to do that.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
On a totally different note, I have decided what I am going to teach. I have been working on a way to simplify baston y daga instruction from a distancing point of view.

Time permitting I will also cover 'body management'. Remember how RP used to toss us around and not break a sweat? There are certain factors I have isolated on how he did it that I are easily taught and understood. That'll be my second topic if there is time to do that.

Yours,
Dan Anderson
PS - I changed my mind (I'm allowed to do that - keeps me from getting stale or predictable). I'll figure out what I'm going to teach much closer to the event.

DA

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looking forward to whatever you are teaching sir. :lol:

OP
Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Due to schedule conflicts the Reunion camp has been rescheduled to one week earlier. The dates are now July 14 - 17, 2011. I've attached the current flyer to this post. Hope to see you there.

Attachments

• $Reunion Camp.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 189
  • $reunioncamp cover.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 289

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Early November update!

Datu Hartman with the help of Bob Hubbard has given the Reunion Camp website a great face lift. There are bios on the instructors and special guests, location and hotel information as well as videos. Check out the site for yourself. http://presasarnis.com/reunioncamp/

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just confirmed today. Balintawak Grand Master Bobby Toboada will be in attendance one of our special guests!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just confirmed today. Balintawak Grand Master Bobby Toboada will be in attendance one of our special guests!

Nice! So I'm assuming he's in addition to the 10 already on the list or is he replacing someone?

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
no replacement. According to talks I've had with Tim there will be several special guests in addition to the instructors. GM Bobby is the first announced.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
no replacement. According to talks I've had with Tim there will be several special guests in addition to the instructors. GM Bobby is the first announced.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Cool! Thanks for the info Dan. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, this list just keeps getting better and better!!:ultracool