Moderators

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
just an observation alot of good people are becomming moderators is this an attempt to help bring some of the off topic decussion from happening and hopefully keep the path staight and narrow, if so I applaud this effort.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yes, you are right. We do have excellent moderators here and so far, they've all been level-headed and able to conduct themselves with their duties very well. :asian: Salute to MartialTalk!! It is an awesome website!

- Ceicei

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
Who knows. Someday.....

Nahh, they couldn't handle it:ultracool
Michagan TKD I believe you would make a great mod. myself.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I agree the mods are great but also I like the idea of mentors which aren't full moderators but at least help make the mod's jobs a lot easier... with this many people and this many posts they need it.

:partyon: YAY MT! :partyon:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
just an observation alot of good people are becomming moderators is this an attempt to help bring some of the off topic decussion from happening and hopefully keep the path staight and narrow, if so I applaud this effort.
It's an attempt to make Martial Talk the #1 discussion forum on the internet... We want all of you to have the benifit of the best resources and the best discussions, so of course we want the best possible mods... (How the heck did I get on that list???)

Because the Mods are here to make sure that MT runs smooth, and that the place stays friendly and all that Jazz...

And yes, the Mentors are a HUGE help, Thanks guys and gals!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really want to thank Kaith for picking the folks he has, the mods, senior mods, super mods and admin that's in place and has been since I started for their patience and help in training. You mentors are out there doing a great job, too, and it's really nice if y'all to say thanks, so ... thanks back!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh wait... I forgot to say except that Shesulsa chick, what a pain she is...

:D

J/K, of course... She's great too.

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the link. I guess if I meet the requirements, then I will be asked if I would like to be a mod. So, I will wait.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right now, the best way to be asked about being a Mod is to be a Mentor.
The best way to be asked about being a Mentor is to be an active, positive and helpful Supporting Member.

We are looking to expand our staff by 30-50% this year so there will be openings available. MartialTalk is one of the top sites out there, and it is because of our members and our staff. Without them, we'd be just another website. Thank you. :)

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I could never be a MT Moderator anyway, for three reasons:

1. I practice Tae Kwon Do.

2. I don't practice Kenpo.

3. See above.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
I could never be a MT Moderator anyway, for three reasons:

1. I practice Tae Kwon Do.

2. I don't practice Kenpo.

3. See above.
?? So?

Here's the "Primary" art breakdown. Theres enough cross-training in there though to confuse even me. (ok, so thats not hard. :) )
FMA 7
Kenpo 6
JMA 4
CMA 2
RMA 1
KMA 1

Eventually, We'd like to have 2 mods per forum. So, don't think you have to be a "Kenpoist" to be staff here. We'd like to see all of our sections grow.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I believe this even through no TKD'ers yet there will be and Mich. TKD would be a great one in my view. We always do not see eye to eye on everything but he has the info. or atleast will put time in looking for info. Mich.TKD it's a shame that you don't think you would be able to be a Mod. Shame on you for doubting yourself for that brief moment.

Thanks for your input
Terry Lee Stoker

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
FMA 7
Kenpo 6
JMA 4
CMA 2
RMA 1
KMA 1
I'm offended by your obvious bias against Scottish martial arts. As for the seven savateurs you list under French Martial Arts, I think that's pretty un-American.

As to mods., it seems to me that Kaith has always had a bias in favor of even-handed, fair-minded, helpful individuals*, which minimizes the concern over a particular style's absence from the list.

------
* Not me, mind you. :D

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And I would further add, MichiganTKD, in response to your reputation comment, I did not buy a moderator position on Martial Talk. Bob will confirm that.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well you know, who knows what the future may hold.

I'll tell ya, there is nothing worse than unappreciated genius:rolleyes:

Latest Discussions