MMA Anarchist Ordered to Surrender Passport

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
But that's the double standard in our system that wastes so much time and manpower. Because of a person's celebrity status, he can get away/not get away with something? I don't think someone should be punished any more or less than another person due to celebrity. But that's my opinion.
Really? DO you think that if they didn't exert extra attention to celebrities, they wouldn't get away with MORE than you?

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess it's good Im not his friend, family or co-worker then.

The real fact of the matter is the "HES INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY" typically only gets whipped out when the person involved is known/liked or supported by the arguer. Otherwise they wouldnt give a damn what some nobody on the net thought.

Apparently to meet Tez's standard of 'Innocent until proven guilty' you must check your BRAIN at the door.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score

So now Monson is some sort of political martyr! Your argument keeps getting more ridiculous and dramatic every post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sgtmac you are just plain silly, I wasn't defending Jeff at all just making fun of the way you lot are taking something so trivial so seriously. Oh and it was you that was making fun of my mother btw. You are getting so worked up and being quite insulting too while you're at it. I'm merely pointing out that a guy spray painting some graffiti on a wall is not exactly crime of the year. You lot make it sound as if the end of the world is nigh just because someone puts a bit of paint on a wall.
I posted the video to show you that graffiti has been around a very long time and thought people might be interested in some old graffiti. It was merely a relief from the arguing.Only you could see it as something else.
I guess though you don't have anything very old do you, in fact my house is older than your country so you wouldn't appreciate it lol! It was hardly in defence of Jeff I posted it, silly man. You read far more into my posts than I do that's for sure.
We have had a couple of thousand of years to work out our justice system and it's policing, it's not perfect of course, for the people here, the innocent before guilty is a reality not just for the courts. People will quote that at you here. It's why we always say someone was alleged to have committed a crime until such time as it's proved in court. I guess you have to work that out yet. Perhaps our worn old morals aren't as worn out as people think. Here we like to think people get what the Aussies call 'a fair go', that includes people we don't like or who's political views are opposite of ours.
Anyway you carry on your witch hunt reading into words things that aren't there. have fun.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Really? DO you think that if they didn't exert extra attention to celebrities, they wouldn't get away with MORE than you?

I'm uncomfortable with your concept of "they" in terms of authority. It's a blanket statement that denotes unquestioning cooperation with a judicial and media system that makes it okay for celebrities to do whatever they please. That kind of compliance is very sad... and to me, very un-American.

Americans worship celebrities as gods/demigods. The entertainment industry is the church and our televisions are priests.

So we make amends, and act differently towards celebrity. We talk about them online as if we know them. Who are we kidding? If I'm going to have anarchist thoughts, it's going to start on American celebrity, and the way we run things along those lines.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe we've had six pages about a minor offence committed by a very minor (z list) 'celebrity' Surely a 'silly sod' would have been enough lol! I can't imagine why his political views are actually of such importance to posters other than using it as a chance to pontificate and cyber bully.
His views make it interesting to discuss with him but not when the discussion is one sided. No I wasn't standing up for him and no I wasn't defending him, just looking for a more than a one dimensional discussion. It was in vain though.

Latest Discussions