MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwest/story/827229.html

Jeff-Monson-227x300.jpg

Mixed martial arts champ has day in court
By Jeremy Pawloski; The Olympian
Published: 07/29/09 8:57 am
OLYMPIA --

A judge ordered mixed martial arts champion Jeff Monson to surrender his passport Tuesday after Monson pleaded not guilty to malicious-mischief charges for allegedly spray-painting an anarchist symbol on the Capitol last year.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
It seems to me that he's being made an example of. A suggested 90 day jail sentence and being confined to the country seems excessive for graffiti. Of course, he probably won't serve that.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff Monson is a 38 year old man with a family. His actions are that of a kid, grow up friend.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
What he did was stupid and immature; however, I think he should be able to earn a living and he needs his passport to do so.

I doubt he's a flight risk.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree that his actions are childish. The questioning of his mental capacity comes from his being photographed doing the act.

He is an idiot!!! In place of jail time, how about a good ole' caning?

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
does anyone know his reason for doing it ? people just dont do things like these to get attention. theres 2 sides to every story.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What he did was stupid and immature; however, I think he should be able to earn a living and he needs his passport to do so.

I doubt he's a flight risk.

His name has enough weight that he likely won't have much trouble finding fights, students or teaching seminars.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just knew it had to be Jeff when I read the title!
If you think that's the worst he's done you'd be in for a shock, he's over here a lot, he's very well known in the MMA world and as for the wife and family bit he's not that bothered, trust me.
Jeff is a self proclaimed anarchist, used to post a lot on an MMA forum here. when he lived here. Has a huge political agenda. I will say though his 'mental abilities' are actually very strong, he's highly intelligent and there would have been, to him, a very good reason why he did it and I have no doubt that when he has his day in court you will all be hearing about it! While it seems childish there will have been a quite machiavellian reason for him doing this. it will be interesting to see what he comes up with this time, his views are very radical for an American lol!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just an old fogy, but people like this are, in large part, the reason our society needs a huge overhaul. No matter what his reasoning is, behind his actions, this bad boy image being portrayed, is part in parcel of the problems facing the youth that look up to him. Including some adults too, I guess.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just an old fogy, but people like this are, in large part, the reason our society needs a huge overhaul. No matter what his reasoning is, behind his actions, this bad boy image being portrayed, is part in parcel of the problems facing the youth that look up to him. Including some adults too, I guess.

People like him as in doing a bit of graffiti or people like him as in being an anarchist?

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There have always been, and will always be guys like this, (Both from the vandalism and Anarchist camps). There is really not much else you can do about it, if they break the law; they need to get smacked down according to the law.

As to this case specifically? As he has some notoriety, I doubt he’s a flight risk. Seizing his passport seems a touch of an over reaction just for a vandalism charge.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People like him as in doing a bit of graffiti or people like him as in being an anarchist?
There is good graffiti, as in up lifting, provided it is placed in appropriate places. On the other hand, there is graffiti that serves no purpose other then to cause division. Anarchist, speaks for itself.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
What does an anarchist need with a passport? Strap on your backpack and start walking, you precious snowflake, you.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well if he is truely an Anarchist then he does not deserve a passport issued by a goverment.

I used to LOL in my teens at my fellow Punk rock ?Heavy metal buddies who would spout of about anarchy and how great it would be to have no order.

#1 I'd ask these idiots how trained they were at killing because in a state of anarchy killing become very important if you dont want to be robbed, killed, raped or enslaved.

#2 Anarchy never last, someone or something always rises up to take control.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to LOL in my teens at my fellow Punk rock ?Heavy metal buddies who would spout of about anarchy and how great it would be to have no order.

Had a friend of a friend in school that was in the anarchy phase. He'd say things like, "If we had an anarchy, we could smoke pot and play our music as loud as we want." One day I replied, "If we had anarchy, I would stick a knife in your neck and take your wallet." I could tell by his expression that he wasn't sure if I was kidding.

Latest Discussions