Missing Link Found?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30826552/

‘Missing link’ primate likely to stir debate
Scientists announce 47 million-year-old find amid media hoopla
A discovery of a 47 million-year-old fossil primate that is said to be a human ancestor was announced Tuesday at a press conference in New York City.

Known as "Ida," the nearly complete transitional fossil is 20 times older than most fossils that provide evidence for human evolution.

It shows characteristics from the very primitive non-human evolutionary line (prosimians, such as lemurs), but is more related to the human evolutionary line (anthropoids, such as monkeys, apes and humans), said Norwegian paleontologist Jørn Hurum of the University of Oslo Natural History Museum.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mans_Evolution.jpg
http://www.tomrobinson.co.nz/play/images/Mans_Evolution.jpg

Missing_Link.jpg

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Very cool. I will have to see how long it takes for this to show up on an evolution thread on another forum I follow.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From AOL News:

About the size of a small cat, the animal has four legs and a long tail. It's not a direct ancestor of monkeys and humans, but it provides a good indication of what such an ancestor may have looked like, researchers said at a news conference.

Yay! We found the Missing link that has no Human Ancestry!

I found a Taco that Looks like James Bond.

OMGWTFBBQ!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Has it been 5 years already since the last time the missing link was found?

Just googled it and it looks like it was just 3 years ago. Are missing links becoming to easy to find?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
From AOL News:

Yay! We found the Missing link that has no Human Ancestry!
"We have never found a transitional fossil. Therefore God did it all."
"Here's a transitional fossil."
"Wrong kind! Doesn't count!"

Eh. What's the use? They could have a missing link directly related to humans and it's just be a case of "God planted it there as a test!"

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only missing link is the one we are suppose to have with God. IMO

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eh. What's the use? They could have a missing link directly related to humans and it's just be a case of "God planted it there as a test!"

Yeah cuz thats what I said.

I did. I see it in my post right there... you quoted me directly.

MAN you are good.

MY comment was a non-sequiter based on the conflicting information being given to the public by the media, "Yes, its a primate and a human ancestor... well, no not actually a primate OR a human ancestor, BUT proof nonetheless, trust us, it really is!"

Blah blah.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do the creationists say if you put it to them that G-d created evolution?

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What do the creationists say if you put it to them that G-d created evolution?

I'm Catholic. The Pope says that evolution is not incompatible with creation. I'm OK with that.

I don't know what happened, I don't know anything about how we came to be. But I can believe in evolution and believe in creationism at the same time. It's not that hard to compartmentalize.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm Catholic. The Pope says that evolution is not incompatible with creation. I'm OK with that.

I don't know what happened, I don't know anything about how we came to be. But I can believe in evolution and believe in creationism at the same time. It's not that hard to compartmentalize.

I agree with you. I don't see how those people who profess belief in G-d, miracles etc and then think he couldn't have started things off with the Big Bang and evolution if He wanted to! It would seem faith doesn't stretch too far for the creationists!
I don't think belief or not in any diety is a prerequisite for thinking evolution is an amazing thing especially the duck billed platypus!

Or my cat, whos just pinched the meat out of my spring roll and is now a duck filled fatty puss!

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Latest Discussions