Meow Mix?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Meow Mix? Is there anything special about this stuff? My cat, who is usually VERY good about how he handles food (excepting sardines which he will fly onto you if you are eating, LOL) actually hissed at me when I put the box up. Isn't this stuff just the same as other dry food, just marketed differently? For some reason, he'll kill for it...

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Meow Mix? Is there anything special about this stuff? My cat, who is usually VERY good about how he handles food (excepting sardines which he will fly onto you if you are eating, LOL) actually hissed at me when I put the box up. Isn't this stuff just the same as other dry food, just marketed differently? For some reason, he'll kill for it...

Your cat is saying "I want chicken, I want liver, meow mix meow mix, please deliver". Sheesh do you need a pet psychic? ;)

Actually I'd like to compare some of the lesser ingredients, like preservatives with that of a can of chef boyardee overstuffed beef ravioli. My cat Yoda doesn't do Ragu, or any other tomato product but he did attempt to take my life over a can of chef boyardee once.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's actually a pretty low quality cat food. Your cat has bad taste. I'd be like use eating chicken mcnuggets instead of organic free range chicken.

Jeff

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny stuff. I love cats. Wish I could have one soooo bad. Sadly, my JRT would kill it in a matter a minutes.
He does not play well with others...bad dog.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Your cat is saying "I want chicken, I want liver, meow mix meow mix, please deliver". Sheesh do you need a pet psychic? ;)

Actually I'd like to compare some of the lesser ingredients, like preservatives with that of a can of chef boyardee overstuffed beef ravioli. My cat Yoda doesn't do Ragu, or any other tomato product but he did attempt to take my life over a can of chef boyardee once.

Its funny how cats are with taste. One of my cats loves bread... crackers, slice of bread, anything with bread. Love pasta sauce too.

Another cat LOVES plastic. We have to hide plastic bags, straws. He takes the straws out of my cups while I'm drinking from them! bad kitty! He once munched on some christmas cookies with red and green sparkles on them. His #2 was interesting a few days later LOL

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Its funny how cats are with taste. One of my cats loves bread... crackers, slice of bread, anything with bread. Love pasta sauce too.

Another cat LOVES plastic. We have to hide plastic bags, straws. He takes the straws out of my cups while I'm drinking from them! bad kitty! He once munched on some christmas cookies with red and green sparkles on them. His #2 was interesting a few days later LOL
One of our cats is exactly the same way about plastic stuff as well. He really loves the bit of plastic that seals sour cream lids closed.

Jeff

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
mrhnau said:

:lfao: You can always judge what a cat eats by the color and content of it's stool in the litter box... mine ended up with some interesting *ahem* specimines as well. Don't have the cat any mo' ... sucka ran off for some reason. Oh well.

Prolly because I didn't have Meow Mix :erg:

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feed my cats Cat Chow Indoor Mix. They are VERY picky, and refuse to touch any other dry food - or even canned food. I never feed them people food, though it still doesn't stop them from begging, especially if I'm eating steak.

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
One of our cats is exactly the same way about plastic stuff as well. He really loves the bit of plastic that seals sour cream lids closed.

Jeff

Back in college, I had a little black kitty who would take the plastic off of cigarette packs and run with them.. Yeah.. Just sorta play keep away with the plastic no one was going after. We assumed the game was called "run with plastic".

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Back in college, I had a little black kitty who would take the plastic off of cigarette packs and run with them.. Yeah.. Just sorta play keep away with the plastic no one was going after. We assumed the game was called "run with plastic".
Yeah, my cat used to go nuts chasing an empty cigarette pack with the cellophane still on it... balled up... loved it... played fetch. Hell it kept us both amused ... the days before the internet! Where have they gone?

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
my cats eat friskies dry food, and the green things that keep your milk sealed-not the cap the thing the cap sticks to