Mental/Emotional Chi Sao

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am in a work situation where a female employee (lets call her kim) constantly attempts to take credit away from me every time i contribute. Kim and I work on the same project. YEars before i would have exploded at people like her and expose their schemes. This of course would get me suspended and ultimately fired.

Recently another employee and I were working together on putting pictures on our website (related to our project). We were discussing more details when, Kim comes in late and interrupts us and grabs the person I'm working with. They start working together and "Kim" tells the whole group she is having a tough time doing "HER" project and that she needs help. Two other girls in the group yell out "my name" and ask "Why I"M NOT HELPING HER".

Kim is such a liar and deceitful person. I have been contributing to the project since day one. The opening paragraph on our section of the website was created by me. I searched for numerous pictures to put on our section, I have broken down the links and made many of them more simple to follow.

However Kim has always somehow played politics and make it seem like I don't do anything. Sometimes I feel like exploding and just storming out of this situation and leaving for good but, I am a warrior and will continue on until my term is up here sometime in Sept 2006.

My brother has advised me to not just apply Chi Sao physically but, also mentally and emotionally. He told me to flow around such harsh environments and situations.
Can anyone give some input on this form of Chi Sao?

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:
I am in a work situation where a female employee (lets call her kim) constantly attempts to take credit away from me every time i contribute. Kim and I work on the same project. YEars before i would have exploded at people like her and expose their schemes. This of course would get me suspended and ultimately fired.

Recently another employee and I were working together on putting pictures on our website (related to our project). We were discussing more details when, Kim comes in late and interrupts us and grabs the person I'm working with. They start working together and "Kim" tells the whole group she is having a tough time doing "HER" project and that she needs help. Two other girls in the group yell out "my name" and ask "Why I"M NOT HELPING HER".

Kim is such a liar and deceitful person. I have been contributing to the project since day one. The opening paragraph on our section of the website was created by me. I searched for numerous pictures to put on our section, I have broken down the links and made many of them more simple to follow.

However Kim has always somehow played politics and make it seem like I don't do anything. Sometimes I feel like exploding and just storming out of this situation and leaving for good but, I am a warrior and will continue on until my term is up here sometime in Sept 2006.

My brother has advised me to not just apply Chi Sao physically but, also mentally and emotionally. He told me to flow around such harsh environments and situations.
Can anyone give some input on this form of Chi Sao?

If you just give me time, not sure when. I would bring back you an answer and PM you.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i do not think you need chi sao physically or mentally. You need to be vocal and communicate your problem. You obviously have a problem at work that can eventually make you lose your work or lose your mind. i think you need to confront your problem (confront doesnt mean you yell at KIM or kick her butt or anything, but deal with the problem professionally)

WingChun Lawyer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Confront her publically, but not aggressively.

Wait for the right, time, preferably in front of your boss/bosses, then casually comment "actually I did this, you didn´t". Do the same thing in front of your work colleagues.

Take the credit for your work, demand it. You don´t have to actually lose your temper to be aggressive.

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This is a classic example of the need for dynamic, assertive living -- in a word, martialism. You need to stand up for yourself and confront this obnoxious, deceitful person in no uncertain terms.

I wrote an entire booklet on the topic of assertive living -- if you'd like me to e-mail you a free copy, just drop me a PM. (That offer goes for anyone reading this thread, incidentally.)

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Phil Elmore said:
This is a classic example of the need for dynamic, assertive living -- in a word, martialism. You need to stand up for yourself and confront this obnoxious, deceitful person in no uncertain terms.

I wrote an entire booklet on the topic of assertive living -- if you'd like me to e-mail you a free copy, just drop me a PM. (That offer goes for anyone reading this thread, incidentally.)

I'd be interested in that booklet Phil:)

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Read Sun Tzu. It is my experiance that people like this ingratiate themselves to management to the pooint where trying to confront them directly is impossible. Me thinks subterfuge works better in these situations.

fightingfat

Green Belt
Reaction score
WingChun Lawyer said:
Confront her publically, but not aggressively.

Wait for the right, time, preferably in front of your boss/bosses, then casually comment "actually I did this, you didn´t". Do the same thing in front of your work colleagues.

Take the credit for your work, demand it. You don´t have to actually lose your temper to be aggressive.

I think this is great advice from WingChun Lawyer.

Latest Discussions