McClellan says "Bush doesn't remember doing coke."

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen Here

McClellan tracks Bush's penchant for self-deception back to an overheard incident on the campaign trail in 1999 when the then-governor was dogged by reports of possible cocaine use in his younger days.
The book recounts an evening in a hotel suite "somewhere in the Midwest." Bush was on the phone with a supporter and motioned for McClellan to have a seat.

"'The media won't let go of these ridiculous cocaine rumors,' I heard Bush say. 'You know, the truth is I honestly don't remember whether I tried it or not. We had some pretty wild parties back in the day, and I just don't remember.'"

"I remember thinking to myself, How can that be?" McClellan wrote. "How can someone simply not remember whether or not they used an illegal substance like cocaine? It didn't make a lot of sense."

:rolleyes: :lol:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's that special selective memory politicians have lol! :lol:
It kicks in the first time they say "I want to stand for office" amazing how many illegitimate children, love affairs, dodgy money making deals etc get forgotten.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well maybe he did so much it wiped out the old memory cells.:BSmeter:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you know, if you think about it, this statement:
"How can that be?" McClellan wrote. "How can someone simply not remember whether or not they used an illegal substance like cocaine?"

if taken at face value, could put that old rumor to bed. If someone SHOULD remember doing coke, and the president doesnt remember, that could very well mean he didnt in fact do any coke.....

prob NOT what the former press secretary wanted us to think, but the logic is sound

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know, if you think about it, this statement:
"How can that be?" McClellan wrote. "How can someone simply not remember whether or not they used an illegal substance like cocaine?"

if taken at face value, could put that old rumor to bed. If someone SHOULD remember doing coke, and the president doesnt remember, that could very well mean he didnt in fact do any coke.....

prob NOT what the former press secretary wanted us to think, but the logic is sound

Twisted logic but nice try lol! people who don't take cocaine will say no they didn't, not that they can't remember. I can certainly remember never having tried it.
Do you smoke cigarettes? if you don't and never have, you aren't going to reply to me that you can't remember are you?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you can't remember whether or not you did cocaine....

...you probably did lots of cocaine.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, drinking the bong water doesn't count as inhaling! :angry:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you can't remember whether or not you did cocaine...you did cocaine.

(Unless he's arguing that maybe it was something similarly strong and he didn't know exactly which substance was which...giving an evasive answer rather than coming out and saying "I was so high I didn't know what the hell I was snorting at that point" instead.)

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
we remember the things we DID do

i had a perfect example, that while funny to me, might have tee'd some people off so i didnt run with it.........

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend who can't really remember smoking marijuana. He knows he smoked a lot, but he can't remember... didn't smoke any in the last cca 2 years and still gets lost in his own home, so here we have long-term effects.... :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Give it a rest, Don for crying out loud. It's like a spinal reflex. A few times is fine to let everyone know where you stand but what seems like every day ... for all eternity ... just wears away your own credibility.

Everyones entitled to their political opinions and entitled to be upset when others slight their governmental messiah but a little perspective and balance goes a long way to making sure then when you spring to the defence it actually causes people to listen.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
What is this? Part MMMVVVLVIII in your quest to believe every stupid thing the left says about Bush?

And so, the Atlanta Journal Constitution goes from endorser of Mitt Romney to "left wing rag of nonsense, and, with the publication of his book, Scott McClellan shifts from former "Voice of truth on high" for the right, to "stupid left leaning dooodie-head..." :lol:

Latest Discussions