Master Ken represents a lot more martial artists than I originally believed.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MasterKenGrapples.jpg

The Master.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kimoura is about the only one you haven't mentioned. I haven't had much luck with it.

Which is a pity because they are super self defensy. And you could then do a kimouras from every where and cover a lot of bases.

You can do it without butt flopping but the ground is the ocean and so on.
The Kimura is probably the most powerful counter there is to the (under the arms) rear bear hug. The catch is that it takes a lot of technical skill to reach its true potential. Lots of little details. I'm only at the beginning stages of figuring them all out.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Kimura is probably the most powerful counter there is to the (under the arms) rear bear hug. The catch is that it takes a lot of technical skill to reach its true potential. Lots of little details. I'm only at the beginning stages of figuring them all out.

Yeah. It gets done a lot in UFC. But to find an example is hard because it is such a nothing sort of move.

I am not going to find a back escape compilation.

But anyway here is Nick Diaz demonstrating it in more of a self defence way for anyone who wants to try it.

This would also do handcuffs if you were really slick.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. It gets done a lot in UFC. But to find an example is hard because it is such a nothing sort of move.

I am not going to find a back escape compilation.

But anyway here is Nick Diaz demonstrating it in more of a self defence way for anyone who wants to try it.

This would also do handcuffs if you were really slick.
Gonna have to try that and see if I can make the space for it. Thanks!