Martin Luther, the anti-semite.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
I didn't realize that Martin Luther, the founder of Protestantism, was such an anti-semite:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/luther.htm

A number of you, Jews and Christians alike, might find this interesting.

Regards,

Steve
Sad, but not surprising. Many Jews were treated/accused as witches during this time, conveniently, by those who owed them large sums of money because if the charges stuck (which they almost always did) any money owed them was forfeit...

"You owe me a million in coin."
"Okay, I accuse you of withcraft." (easily done when Jewish customary practices could be misconstrued as mysterious and spooky by those ignorant of them)

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!" (at least that kind of thing in theory).

"Ouch, that hot poker really hurts in my eye....Okay! I'm a witch! Stop it!"

"Sir, you can not be held responsible for debts you owe a witch because they cast you under their spell...."

"Thanks"

Jews were second class citizens in most Euro nations of that time and were very limited on what they could own or where they could live/jobs they could hold....therefore finance and money changing/banking was one of the few ways that Jews could earn money for survival.

History channel series called "History of Britain" was very enlightening on that point.

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Including that guy Christ, who clearly condemned the jewish religious leaders and their followers in that day. Yep, He was just a crazy guy, according to those who hate Him. Christ explains the fate of all the above at the end of Luke 19 if anyone is interested.

R

rmcrobertson

WARNING WARNING

"AC Pilot," has repeatedly posted links to out-and-out anti-semitic websites and articles, and has repeatedly made it very clear that he's using the Bible to legitimate some profound, wacko hatred of Jews. I strongly recommend reading his posts and links, for those of you who do not know what this sort of ugly looks like. Just in case you don't get his point about Christ's hatred and promise, he thinks, of damnation.

It is worth adding that, historically speaking, anti-semitism has traditionally served as one of the great Western paranoiac structures, and has been directly linked (not only to Fascism as is obvious) but to profound misogyny and homophobia/homophilia.

In other words, these guys try to palm off their confused fears and bizarre interpretations of economic and political forces upon what they fantasize as Other.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note.
Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level.

**Please review our sniping policy.**

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314

Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

-TECHNOPUNK
-MT Moderator-

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
AC_Pilot said:
Including that guy Christ, who clearly condemned the jewish religious leaders and their followers in that day. Yep, He was just a crazy guy, according to those who hate Him. Christ explains the fate of all the above at the end of Luke 19 if anyone is interested.

Personally, I'm not so sure you can call a non-historical myth "crazy".

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
AC_Pilot said:
Oh yeah, the "The Parable of the Ten Minas"

The Parable of the Ten Minas

11While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a]‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’ 14“But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don't want this man to be our king.’

15“He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16“The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

17“ ‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

18“The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

19“His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

20“Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

22“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

24“Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

25“ ‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

26“He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away. 27But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them-bring them here and kill them in front of me."

Footnotes:

1. Luke 19:13 A mina was about three months' wages.
Personally, I think you have misunderstood the lesson. Then again, based on many of your posts, you have misunderstoon many of the lessons.

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
AC_Pilot said:

You know, many of us are waiting for you to respond to posts we've made elsewhere. You seem more concerned with posting your anti-semitic drivel, rather than actually debating anyone here.

Tell me, AC_Pilot, what are your thoughts as to today's Jews? Are they evil? Do you agree with Martin Luther's statements in the above links? If so, which specifically? If not, why not?

Do you have the courage to answer these questions?

Regards,

Steve

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
More to the point, AC. How many Jews do you know personally? Perhaps there is something in your experiences which makes you hate a group due to an individual action of one person. You cannot comdemn all for the actions of a few.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I read an interesting book years ago called Joshaua. It was written by a Catholic (?) priest (current? former?). In short it was a parable-type story set in modern times where Christ returns as a simple man, gains a following and eventually gives the Catholic Church the same treatment the Biblical version gave the Jewish religious organization. While he wasnt put to death by the Church in this story, he eventually gains an audience with the Pope who questions and ex-communicates him.....

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
In short it was a parable-type story set in modern times where Christ returns as a simple man

In a somewhat related note, I saw Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter last week... It also had Jesus in a modern setting but he was fighting Vampires and needed the help of Mexican wrestler "Santo"

jcvh_lg.jpg

R

rmcrobertson

Somehow, a poster from the genre that brought us, "El Santo Contra Los Zombies," says what needs to be said on this thread so much better than I did.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
I didn't realize that Martin Luther, the founder of Protestantism, was such an anti-semite:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/luther.htm

A number of you, Jews and Christians alike, might find this interesting.

Regards,

Steve

Not that surprising.

It seems most forms of Protestantism, in this instance, is a case of the apple not falling far from a tree. Luther was almost as nutso as fellow Christian fanatic-reformer, John Calvin. It'd be interesting to hear what Mr. Free-Will-Doesn't-Exist has to say about "the Jews", too.

Its a shame Mr. Luther didn't draw more out of the Theologica Germanica, as guys like Adlous Huxley have pointed out. Oh, well. Christianity's been in the crapper since 325 CE. What goes around comes around, I suppose.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
In short it was a parable-type story set in modern times where Christ returns as a simple man

In a somewhat related note, I saw Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter last week... It also had Jesus in a modern setting but he was fighting Vampires and needed the help of Mexican wrestler "Santo"

jcvh_lg.jpg
So... who's the babe in red supposed to be if that's Jesus? She doesn't look very biblical.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no idea about Martin Luther being anti-semitic. That's terrible. They didn't include that info in the catechism provided in my Lutheran church. Both of my grandparents came from Germany around 1920. TW

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
So... who's the babe in red supposed to be if that's Jesus? She doesn't look very biblical.

"Mary Magnum" - 'Apostle To The Apostles'

Latest Discussions