Martial Arts Movies

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of Jackie Chan's early movies had a scene that I thought was pretty good. Can't remember which movie, and can't remember the full context. But at any rate, he was in a temple and had to fight five monks, each of whom I believe represented one of the five animals. Those fights were amazing. The monks as animals were really good at making you believe in the animal style. Very cool, well done indeed.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Maybe Daniel-san in the remake is the son of a single father, who's stationed at the Chinese Embassy as some sort of agent/dignitary/whatever and he's kidnapped by... terrorists?

So Daniel-san has to save him with the skills he learned from Chinese-Miyagi, who also happens to be an ex Chinese Special Forces, who fought clandestinely alongside Will Smith against the Russians in their youth.

It's kinda like Three Ninjas, but with some hair on its chest.

Not much of a Karate kid then is he...... He would then be the Sanda kid :)

well with this kind of plot change it isn't really The Karate Kid anymore, is it. Why not give it a new name, and leave The Karate Kid alone?

Now it is the "Sanda Kid" Watch for much tree beating and 300 to 500 kicks per leg per day during the training bits :)

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought about a movie once. Then I decided against, I conferred with my friend "Mr. Better Judgement."

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life is like a movie, that ends when the fat person sings. If you are that fat person, I mean no disrespect. J

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We actually made a couple for fun back at my old Hapkido School.

"War of the Ninja Masters" was about 2 Rival ninja battling for a matched Daisho that would grant whoever had both swords mystic powers. It was a typical "Minons of Evil killed my master now th Student gets Revenge." I played an Army Officer who was planning to help the "good guy" but he gets offed by the enemy ninja clan before he could.

The second one we did was a Bloodsport "Multiple Styles" tournament type film called "Challenge of the Budokan".

No, you will never see them. Not even on Youtube.

Now that I am doing some more serious filmmaking I have an idea for a "Martial Arts Themed" movie, where its a drama not an action film about a guy studying martial arts and trying to find meaning in existence thru the lessons he learns, and just about the time he reaches "enlightenment" and figures it all out he is killed.

I probably won't make it... but I have the script treatment written and completed, but I probably won't take it any farther.

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not much of a Karate kid then is he...... He would then be the Sanda kid :)

Now it is the "Sanda Kid" Watch for much tree beating and 300 to 500 kicks per leg per day during the training bits :)

It will not be called The Karate Kid,, it is actually a "re-telling" not a remake

theEXxman

White Belt
Reaction score
How this for a cheesy 80's flick a remake of Big Trouble in Little China or even a sequel where Jack Burton travels to China to shake more pillars of heaven

Last edited:

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
How this for a cheesy 80's flick a remake of Big Trouble in Little China or even a sequel where Jack Burton travels to China to shake more pillars of heaven

Hey! I liked that show LOL.

I'll do any movie they want if they pay half way decent, I'll die a horrible death for them.

Latest Discussions