Marine fights off 5 robbers with his knife.

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4963532

(Atlanta-AP) May 30, 2006 - Atlanta police say a former Marine turned the tables on his attackers - killing one and wounding another with a knife as they tried to rob him.
Detective Danny Stephens says Thomas Autry was walking to his girlfriend's home from his job waiting tables at a restaurant in Midtown Atlanta around 11pm Monday when five people in a car approached him.
Autry began running down the street yelling for help as four people in the car got out and chased him. Stephens says one of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a pistol.
The suspects eventually caught up with Autry. But Autry, who managed to pull a knife out of his backpack, kicked the shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands.
He then stabbed a teenage girl who jumped on him and a man who attacked him.
The suspects ran back to their car and drove off.
Police found them later at a hospital, where the teenage girl, who was pregnant, was pronounced dead. Stephens says another man remains in critical condition.
Stephens credited Autry's military training with helping him fend off his attackers, who are suspected of having committed other robberies in the area over the last week.
He says the suspects will face robbery and aggravated assault charges.
Police expect to solve other recent robberies now that the suspects are in custody.
Stephens says Autry, who sustained a cut to his and a bruise on his chest, will not be charged. Stephens says Autry is very remorseful.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Semper Fi to the Devil Dog. He hung in there under pressure, kudos to him.

Sergeant Matt Morton. Marine Corps Veteran

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This week: One former marine fights off 4 armed attackers with a penknife...

Last week: Iraqi TKD team gets kidnapped by terrorists...

Somewhere in there is a comparison between two warrior cultures, but I can't put my finger on it

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to see that the good guy survives, and only minor bruising. He did the right thing, and it's clearly a case of justified self-defense.

While I'm certainly sad to see that a pregnant teenage girl (one of the attackers) died, that's where my sympathy ends. It's her own fault for trying to rob the guy in the first place. It also shows that she had no regards for the safety of her unborn child, which is disgusting, at best.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Grenadier said:
Glad to see that the good guy survives, and only minor bruising. He did the right thing, and it's clearly a case of justified self-defense.

While I'm certainly sad to see that a pregnant teenage girl (one of the attackers) died, that's where my sympathy ends. It's her own fault for trying to rob the guy in the first place. It also shows that she had no regards for the safety of her unborn child, which is disgusting, at best.

Couldn't agree more. Spot on. Rep points all round me thinks.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds good to me - turn about is fair play and all that. Kudos to Mr. Autry, both for his actions and for feeling remorse about them.

Latest Discussions