Mango Man going to Russia?

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I heard that you are going to Russia! Cool! Whats up give us the 411? Sounds like a great deal!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, I am not going. My daughter is going to compete and my wife is going as a chaperon.

The event is called "The 7th Olympic Hopes" and it will be held April 26-30th in Chelyabinsk Russia. The team will leave for Russia on April 21, spending a couple of days in Moscow and then onto Chelyabinsk. They will return to the US on May 1. The event is sparring only and is open to all belts age 10-17.

The trip is organized by 2000 US Olympic Team coach, Grand Master Young In Cheon, who in the past few years has done things like this a couple of times, taking teams to events like the Korea Open 2 years ago and last year again to Korea but to train at Kukkiwon and I believe Yong-In University.

I was contacted on Facebook a week or 2 ago by Grand Master Cheon's daughter Ann and asked if Samantha would be interested in going. When I asked about who was chaperoning, I was told Mr. This and Mr. That etc and I pointed out that if girls are going that it would make sense to have at least 1 Mrs This or Mrs That and I volunteered my wife to go along in that role and she was accepted.

That is really about it. We are in the process of getting Visa's now. As I understand it, Miss Ann purchased the plane tickets yesterday. I believe that there are a total of 5 athletes going along with 2 coaches. A few other parents are likely going as well, but I am not personally going. The sad part about that is in nearly 13 years of competing in this sport, probably more than 100 different events, I have never missed a single fight of Samantha's. Until next month that is. I just need to teach my wife how to use the new video camera.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mango.man that is great news, I can feel for you missing a trip to watch. The first time I had to miss Zachary it was so hard but I got over it finally years later.. with help from therapy..:rofl:

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually, I am not going. My daughter is going to compete and my wife is going as a chaperon.

The event is called "The 7th Olympic Hopes" and it will be held April 26-30th in Chelyabinsk Russia. The team will leave for Russia on April 21, spending a couple of days in Moscow and then onto Chelyabinsk. They will return to the US on May 1. The event is sparring only and is open to all belts age 10-17.

The trip is organized by 2000 US Olympic Team coach, Grand Master Young In Cheon, who in the past few years has done things like this a couple of times, taking teams to events like the Korea Open 2 years ago and last year again to Korea but to train at Kukkiwon and I believe Yong-In University.

I was contacted on Facebook a week or 2 ago by Grand Master Cheon's daughter Ann and asked if Samantha would be interested in going. When I asked about who was chaperoning, I was told Mr. This and Mr. That etc and I pointed out that if girls are going that it would make sense to have at least 1 Mrs This or Mrs That and I volunteered my wife to go along in that role and she was accepted.

That is really about it. We are in the process of getting Visa's now. As I understand it, Miss Ann purchased the plane tickets yesterday. I believe that there are a total of 5 athletes going along with 2 coaches. A few other parents are likely going as well, but I am not personally going. The sad part about that is in nearly 13 years of competing in this sport, probably more than 100 different events, I have never missed a single fight of Samantha's. Until next month that is. I just need to teach my wife how to use the new video camera.

You are truly a loving husband I would have volunteered my self.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
To be honest, when I have made lists of the places in the world that I would like to visit, Russia has never been in the top 72. Now had this event been held in Australia or something... Hmmm

Latest Discussions