MA Get Together

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's another thread going on, "Getting together for seminars?" That asked if members on here have gotten together in the past for seminars, and a bunch of people stated they'd be up for a meetup like there used to be.

I wanted to create a more focused thread (not to steal @Kababayan's...just that I don't think this was his purpose of that thread), on when/where we could do that, if people are interested.

So far the 3 ideas that popped out are maui, upstate new York, and down south (in America still)...I was thinking northernTennessee (between Kentucky and north carolina). I also think England could be a possibility since we have quite a few members on here who are from England, although I know nothing about England's geography to say anything more specific.

So my question is, who here is legitimately interested/would attend something like this, where would you want it to be held, and when?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tennessee or nearby would work for me.
Geography is against us here. This place pretty much spans the globe.

Personally I'd love to meet and train with all the regulars here for a weekend, if it was doable. But I'm in Canada, nowhere near any of you.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Colorado. But I like to travel. My attendance would depend primarily on the time, not location.

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind traveling at some point, but with a one year old at home I'm limited to local travel only. If we have more people in SoCal we can do a regional event.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless we have a lot of advance planning, I'm going to be limited to locations that I can make a day trip for. That would be from Tennessee up to parts of Michigan and Indiana to West Virginia.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Geography is against us here. This place pretty much spans the globe.

Personally I'd love to meet and train with all the regulars here for a weekend, if it was doable. But I'm in Canada, nowhere near any of you.
im in Massachusetts where about in Canada are you?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
im in Massachusetts where about in Canada are you?

I'll be in Massachusetts for a couple weeks in October. Maybe we can hook up.

I'd be willing to go to the west coast for a get together. It's only a two-three movie flight.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Indiana and Texas in Mid-June, but I'm honestly not sure if I could make contact with anybody. We're on a fairly tight schedule, to make a wedding and an anniversary.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think I'm going to be staying on Cape Cod, maybe Canton MA. Where in MA are you? I forget, was it central Mass?
Yeah , but it's a small state, 2hr drive to the Cape is no big deal .

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I also think England could be a possibility since we have quite a few members on here who are from England, although I know nothing about England's geography to say anything more specific.
?
Essex is a lovely place. :) I don’t know which place is more suitable, but I couldn’t go far from Essex... But I would love it!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's another thread going on, "Getting together for seminars?" That asked if members on here have gotten together in the past for seminars, and a bunch of people stated they'd be up for a meetup like there used to be.

I wanted to create a more focused thread (not to steal @Kababayan's...just that I don't think this was his purpose of that thread), on when/where we could do that, if people are interested.

So far the 3 ideas that popped out are maui, upstate new York, and down south (in America still)...I was thinking northernTennessee (between Kentucky and north carolina). I also think England could be a possibility since we have quite a few members on here who are from England, although I know nothing about England's geography to say anything more specific.

So my question is, who here is legitimately interested/would attend something like this, where would you want it to be held, and when?
I (probably including the Hobbit) would attend anything that fits my schedule and budget. That Tennessee/Kentucky thing would be close enough to easily drive. My travel schedule, my trips to help care for my mom, etc. make it hard for me to predict what would fit my schedule.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless we have a lot of advance planning, I'm going to be limited to locations that I can make a day trip for. That would be from Tennessee up to parts of Michigan and Indiana to West Virginia.
I'll guess this is the case for most of us - those with jobs and families and such. This is where a map of some sort would be helpful. Even if we just knew which part of each state/country/province interested folks were in, it would be easier to find a few locations that might reach several people.

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've never been one for much travel. I get sleepy on any drive over two hours. But I did once jump in my car after work on friday and head to College Station, TX to see my sister. Only, I ended up ibroken down on a Saturday in New Orleans; durring Saint Patrick's day! It was horrible!

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
If somthing happens to come up within Michigan, Indianna, Illinois, Ohio ( great lakes region) I might stop by. Depending on travel time, time of year. I work fifty hours a week, plus a part time job at home. Add to that, being a husband and a dad of 2. This is probaly the stage where I back off training for a while.