Losing my instructor....

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not too many schools out here in Phoenix...
Geezer....got anyone you can recommend out here? :hmm:

You bet I can recommend some people. Depending on what part of the Valley you live in and what you want. For Wing Chun (Ving Tsun, Wing Tsun) there's our group, Vajramusti (Joy's) group, and some others. If you like FMA I'm also involved with some Escrima people, including one guy who also coaches MMA fighters. There's a whole underground network of experienced and dedicated guys that aren't into the commercial scene. I'll PM you as soon as I get back to Phoenix (I'm on vacation up in Flag) and give you some contacts.

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
Geezer,

Sorry to hear that your teacher is having such trouble, seem like a common theme for most of us here around the valley :( I don't think we've met but i remember a few past sihing that met you speaking well of you. FWIW I'm always game if you want to meet up for a chi sao and a drink.

Good Luck,
~Eric

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Geezer... FWIW I'm always game if you want to meet up for a chi sao and a drink.

Good Luck,
~Eric

Thanks for the invite! I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you and observe one of your Wu-dang swordsmanship classes. Just keep it quiet though. We can't let it out that folks from different WC lineages actually get along! LOL

Oh and last word, my instructor may not have to leave the area after all... I'll just have to wait and see. I've got my fingers crossed.

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite! I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you and observe one of your Wu-dang swordsmanship classes. Just keep it quiet though. We can't let it out that folks from different WC lineages actually get along! LOL

Oh and last word, my instructor may not have to leave the area after all... I'll just have to wait and see. I've got my fingers crossed.

Geezer,

You're right, if they find out we don't hate each other based on lineage we'll lose all that WC street cred ;) You're more than welcome to join us for some sword anytime. Hope it all works out!

shaolin_al

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just recently noticed this forum. Shifu Steve I know times are rough after speaking to you but be hopeful. I will try and make it back to class soon, so keep the faith :)

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just recently noticed this forum. Shifu Steve I know times are rough after speaking to you but be hopeful. I will try and make it back to class soon, so keep the faith :)

Good to hear from you Allan. It will be good to see you again soon!

Svemocn1vidar

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You are a true Wing Chun practicioner geezer,one can tell! Just do your thing,motivate your students,perfect their skills and your own. What you don't know,you'll learn eventually. Worry not about money invested in your WC,it's never a bad investment. Keep your crew together!
All the best,gl!

Latest Discussions