Looking for some real info.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would like to know if anybody has any info. about these style or instructor or association? Just curious, he is opening up a school around me and actually never heard of him or the style, he says he mixes 4 in 1 and to me this makes no sense in the 4 styles.
Thank you in advance.

www.sbjd-ma.com

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never heard of it but that realy dose not mean much.
With claiming a 9th, a 7th, and two 5th degrees in different arts I normaly would question them but he dose name the organisations (systems).
With over 40 years of training he might well have those ranks

the picture on the left of his opening page warns me off I don't know any people who float in the air

maybe I missed it but I don't think I ever saw where the system he claims to teach came from or where he got rank in it

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
What makes me wonder is the blank Hapkido 9th dan certificate he has on the web site. Never seen one without a number, name, or date. Maybe somebody who has a Hapkido Dan ranking can clear it up. Could be it is to the left of the writing and not where we would "normally" put such things. There is Korean writing over there, but might as well be hieroglyphs to me. Never heard of either him or the art.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Terry I have never heard of them. One thing is for sure
though you have more martial arts schools in your area than
you can shake a stick at.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
His kukkiwon dan cert is real. Looks just like mine.

His hapikido cert does not look real. If it is not filled out, it is usually not valid. I emailed the link to our hapkido instructor, he has never herd of this guy, he will ask around, someone else might know him.

Hard to tell for sure if this guy is the real thing or not, I know reaching the upper dans in any art is quite impressive, but he is young to be a 9 dan in anything by my estimate.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Terry I have never heard of them. One thing is for sure
though you have more martial arts schools in your area than
you can shake a stick at.

Oh he is no competition, his school is about 1/5 the size of mine. He stopped by and gave me his card and ask me to stop by and see what he trains people in. I thought that was a little strange because he is about eight miles from my school. After looking aver his website one section says 40 years and the other section says 30 years, whatever. Brian you know me always looking but when a GM walks into your school and claims everything and ask you if you want to try his training method, to me that just gave a a red flag, do not know too many GM that would do that.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Brian you know me always looking but when a GM walks into your school and claims everything and ask you if you want to try his training method, to me that just gave a a red flag, do not know too many GM that would do that.

Terry I couldn't name a single one off the top of my head that would do that.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry I couldn't name a single one off the top of my head that would do that.

I agree, I know many Korean GM's and they do not look for student by walking into somebody elses school.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He's legit. Sam Bub Jung Do is a spinoff of the Billy Bob Junk Do fighting system. Go's back thousands of years.
icon12.gif

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Qui-Gon with the save. Do you know if his Hapkido cert is legit though? The lack of information on it makes me seriously wonder.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, we've established that his Tae Kwon Do rank is legit, and there's the possiblity of his Hapkido rank being legit. Kung Fu is a general concept, not a single style. That tells me that either the Kung Fu style he trained is considered poo-poo (like the Yellow Bambo guys), or he is makeing it up. I've never even heard of the last style, so who am I to know?

By the way, what does that name mean? Is that just random none-sense?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Qui-Gon with the save. Do you know if his Hapkido cert is legit though? The lack of information on it makes me seriously wonder.

I agree his Kukkiwon certificate looks legit. I don't have enough history in Hapkido to know about that certificate. But I'm always skeptical when I see guys like this. Sorry.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have never herd of the name. I can't find anything on it either. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, or it could be a name he came up with to attach to his "Style"

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree his Kukkiwon certificate looks legit. I don't have enough history in Hapkido to know about that certificate. But I'm always skeptical when I see guys like this. Sorry.

Actually I put in his name and birhtdate and nothing came up on the KKW website. But that really does not mean it is not legit.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not always. I'm not listed in the data base either. But you -would- think anything higher then a 5 Dan would be as most TKD styles that use the Kukkiwon system is a masters rank.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You think it would be listed. Did you punch in the cert number?

Name and Birthdate is what they go by made a call to another gentkeman that got his cert in the same time frame and the numbers are way off to be correct he says.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I know this is pendantic but you can't be "extremely" unique! or even "quite a bit" unique. You are or are not.
Liked the hovering bit though, is that mystical or the result of eating too many beans?

Latest Discussions