Looking for rogue WT people.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know you're out there. Looking for anyone who's trained Leung Ting lineage who are no longer part of any organization.

I think we can do a lot to help each other out by putting together some sort of "WT brotherhood".

We can share chi sau ideas, fighting applications, we can even go as far as to help each other further our training by sharing forms, sections, etc.

We can do zoom meet ups, have some sort of private youtube channel, even have actual meet ups where we can exchange ideas or even do seminars where different ones of us teach a topic.

If you're like me you like doing things on your own without being beholden to an organization but at the same time we've kind of cut ourselved off from furthering our knowledge.... Let's fix that.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Addional thought.

I kind of see this like a book exchange program, or even a barter system.
Example: person A has a certain nugget of info that person B does not have but person B has some info that person A doesn't.....they exchange info, no money out of pocket and both come away having learned.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hope this works out for the WT folks! Great idea!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I never knew wing chun organizations were so important. I trained in a Ip Ching Lineage and briefly in a Leung Sheung lineage. Like other CMA styles I trained, if there was a lineage I tended to know what it was. I should also add, training in a lineage does not mean I was ever part of that lineage, the only lineage I am in is a Yang Taijiquan lineage

I guess I was not in Wing Chun long enough to know about the influences of various organizations.

And I still think this is a great idea, it always helps to have others to talk to and train with who come from different sources.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know you're out there. Looking for anyone who's trained Leung Ting lineage who are no longer part of any organization.

I think we can do a lot to help each other out by putting together some sort of "WT brotherhood".

We can share chi sau ideas, fighting applications, we can even go as far as to help each other further our training by sharing forms, sections, etc.

We can do zoom meet ups, have some sort of private youtube channel, even have actual meet ups where we can exchange ideas or even do seminars where different ones of us teach a topic.

If you're like me you like doing things on your own without being beholden to an organization but at the same time we've kind of cut ourselved off from furthering our knowledge.... Let's fix that.
Trouble is we are all so scattered about.

That, and those still formally involved in "WT" won't have anything to do with us "rebels". Actually, the same is true of most of those who've started their own breakaway organizations. If they are trying to build a competing organization, they aren't likely to be any more open to sharing.

I rather doubt you'd get any interest from Emin (EBMAS), Jeff WEBB (NVTO), Alex Richter (City Wing Tsun), Simon Mayer (Bay City WT) etc. Probably would do better to focus on independent practitioners and un-aligned schools. There was a guy Jason Malik of "Texas Wing Tsun" who used to post here. Another guy down in San Antonio, Gilbert Leal was a si-dai of mine under LT and later studied with Carson Lau. People like that might be worth pulling in. Just sent of an email to an old kung-fu nephew, Phil Bradley. He's been marketing online instruction, but I assume he has to actually physically train too, and he lives in North Phoenix...

You know ...potentially we could bring in a pretty big group of people.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trouble is we are all so scattered about.

That, and those still formally involved in "WT" won't have anything to do with us "rebels". Actually, the same is true of most of those who've started their own breakaway organizations. If they are trying to build a competing organization, they aren't likely to be any more open to sharing.

I rather doubt you'd get any interest from Emin (EBMAS), Jeff WEBB (NVTO), Alex Richter (City Wing Tsun), Simon Mayer (Bay City WT) etc. Probably would do better to focus on independent practitioners and un-aligned schools. There was a guy Jason Malik of "Texas Wing Tsun" who used to post here. Another guy down in San Antonio, Gilbert Leal was a si-dai of mine under LT and later studied with Carson Lau. People like that might be worth pulling in. Just sent of an email to an old kung-fu nephew, Phil Bradley. He's been marketing online instruction, but I assume he has to actually physically train too, and he lives in North Phoenix...

You know ...potentially we could bring in a pretty big group of people.
Yeah I'm not interested in anyone who's gone off to form their own organizations, I'm looking for people like you and me who are just training and teaching in our own little corner of the world and aren't worried about becoming a grand poobah of our own organization.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not interested in anyone who's gone off to form their own organizations, I'm looking for people like you and me who are just training and teaching in our own little corner of the world and aren't worried about becoming a grand poobah of our own organization.
Too bad 'cuz I just started my own organization. I'm calling "Adaptive Wing Chun".
Our motto was going to be "Adapt or Die!" ...at least until I realized that we all die.

Guess I could go with "Adapt and eventually Die Anyway" but that doesn't sound as good. :oops:

BTW - only have about six members so far. I like to see it go huge, though. Maybe even double in size!!!! :D

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Too bad 'cuz I just started my own organization. I'm calling "Adaptive Wing Chun".
Our motto was going to be "Adapt or Die!" ...at least until I realized that we all die.

Guess I could go with "Adapt and eventually Die Anyway" but that doesn't sound as good. :oops:

BTW - only have about six members so far. I like to see it go huge, though. Maybe even double in size!!!! :D
Hmm... "The WC Adaptors" has a certain flair to it.

You got me thinking...you know, because I'm a thinker....maybe I'm thinking too small.
Maybe we should really put this out there.
I'm thinking either WIng Tsun Federation and our slogan could be "what the @#+$ you training all alone for?"

orrr.... don't stop me, I think I'm really on to something here..... Federation of Active Rebel Tsunners.
Our motto could be something like "join us and really raise a stink".

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

no no no....I was thinking it could be "Adapt or die...sooner than you would have otherwise....maybe" but that was way to wordy so why not leave some mystery in it and just go with "Adapt or else" :)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
no no no....I was thinking it could be "Adapt or die...sooner than you would have otherwise....maybe" but that was way to wordy so why not leave some mystery in it and just go with "Adapt or else" :)
Yeah! Or ..."Adapt now, Die Later!"

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
FYI Jason Malik is holding his Tsun-fest gathering in texas at the end of the month. Might be worth making the trip if you've got the funds/time.

Latest Discussions