Literature Map--- This is very cool

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is passing strange that I tried Mary Shelley in the search engine and got back that Tesla, Fuller, Feynman and Einstein were all in the closest 'matches' to the author of Frankenstein :confused:

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is passing strange that I tried Mary Shelley in the search engine and got back that Tesla, Fuller, Feynman and Einstein were all in the closest 'matches' to the author of Frankenstein :confused:
Feynman would have tried it, if he had thought it was funny.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I like it. Yes, there are some matches that don't make sense, and some that are less obvious (Tom Clancy readers like Robert Jordan - yes, I'll agree.)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rita Mae Brown....
Somewhere on the fringes were Frank Zappa and Elke Heidenreich.....

(type in Eoin Colfer! LOL)

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

It is odd that a 'science fiction' author should group close to actual science authors? Also, Shelley's work includes a series of biographies of scientists and philosophers.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also -- the map doesn't seem to be by similar content, but based on what people have said they like. So, if a whole bunch of us were to tell it we like Julia Quinn (a best selling romance author), Douglas Adams, and Greg Bear... they'd be matched up. (And I tried to make as dissimilar a mix as I could...)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Also -- the map doesn't seem to be by similar content, but based on what people have said they like. So, if a whole bunch of us were to tell it we like Julia Quinn (a best selling romance author), Douglas Adams, and Greg Bear... they'd be matched up. (And I tried to make as dissimilar a mix as I could...)

Sooo, how many of Mrs Quinn's works grace your bookshelf?

:D

I found it funny that 'Eoin Colfer' and 'Eion Colfer' were not closer together on the map. :lol:

Latest Discussions