Lightbody Demonstration

vic

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Internal styles like aikido and taijiquan is about redirecting force. Is the master in this video (assuming not a fake) basically transmitting force to the ground through the eggs?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One thing you can do is look up. Whatever magical skill. And then put trick after it.

And youtube will generally give you something.

So this is how it might have been done.

Damien

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yep that's a genuine thing. A mix of training the wider area to take blows, proper placement and retracting the balls inside.

Or you can just hit your crotch all day, just in case someone kicks you, like that America dojo that was on the Discovery Channel.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep that's a genuine thing. A mix of training the wider area to take blows, proper placement and retracting the balls inside.

Or you can just hit your crotch all day, just in case someone kicks you, like that America dojo that was on the Discovery Channel.
It's definitely hardcore 😄 but makes sense as it's a mans weak spot.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eggs are extremely strong depending in where the force is applied. Eggs can withstand incredible load if applied from the section of highest radius of curvature (‘pointy end’) straight down. Try crushing and egg in your hand along that axis and you probably won’t succee.

Architects use this principle in designing strong arches and domes in buildings.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Eggs are extremely strong depending in where the force is applied. Eggs can withstand incredible load if applied from the section of highest radius of curvature (‘pointy end’) straight down. Try crushing and egg in your hand along that axis and you probably won’t succee.

Architects use this principle in designing strong arches and domes in buildings.
Truth, with the caveat comparatively speaking.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Internal styles like aikido and taijiquan is about redirecting force. Is the master in this video (assuming not a fake) basically transmitting force to the ground through the eggs?

I really don't like videos like this one. If real what is the practical application of the skill set? The more extreme someone has to go to prove something the more doubt that I have about it. I would have been more impressed if he could out pull someone who was clearly stronger than he is. I would be more impressed if he did a strong man contest and out performed everyone or if he could place in the top 3 .

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't like videos like this one. If real what is the practical application of the skill set? The more extreme someone has to go to prove something the more doubt that I have about it. I would have been more impressed if he could out pull someone who was clearly stronger than he is. I would be more impressed if he did a strong man contest and out performed everyone or if he could place in the top 3 .
It's part of the 'hokum'...the flim-flam. "I can perform this seemingly impossible feat, so my 'martial arts' skills must be commensurate. Pay my fees and worship at my alter!"

What is surprising in this age is that it still works on some people's psyche. 🤷🏽‍♂️

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Agree. And, that video is full of holes. Eggs setting on thick padding. Someone in the car. If the eggs were placed directly on the board and there was no one in the car, that would be very different.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we martial artists tend to be a bit susceptible to this kind of hokum. We study arts that often make grandiose claims (make you a better person/make one invincible on the street/offer special societies and secrets etc), we throw ourselves heart and soul into their practise, we may develop a cognitive bias/belief towards their claims since denying them would suggest our hard efforts were misplaced.

When I was a 12yr old starting Karate, I genuinely believed it would allow me to take on the school bullies and ruffians after a few grading and initiation into ‘the secrets’. Then the boxers came to our dojo and showed us we were essentially, dancing, albeit beautifully, whilst wearing pyjamas! It was eventually, awelcome eye-opener and a healthier realism finally set in!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is also true ...
I agree.

I think there are a couple of things this video shows.

First, only old Chinese ascetics seem to be capable of this one. Bravo gentlemen, and extra points for tossing off on camera. That is kung fu. Citing Marky Mark there.

Second this is really just more core training, which is why we have several Dan Tians, but one is special above the others.

And third, why that particular point between the anus and scrotum is particularly sensitive.

Damien

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's part of the 'hokum'...the flim-flam. "I can perform this seemingly impossible feat, so my 'martial arts' skills must be commensurate. Pay my fees and worship at my alter!"

What is surprising in this age is that it still works on some people's psyche. 🤷🏽‍♂️
And usually it is entirely possible, just the watcher doesn't know enough about physics/body mechanics. Or it's juts plain fake reactions from partners/cult induced behaviour

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And usually it is entirely possible, just the watcher doesn't know enough about physics/body mechanics. Or it's juts plain fake reactions from partners/cult induced behaviour
We live in a world devoid of magic and some people don’t like that and will believe, regardless of this knowledge.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
We live in a world devoid of magic and some people don’t like that and will believe, regardless of this knowledge.
Olivia Newton John (RIP) said it best.

There there's this great quote on the bathroom wall in Matrix 4. Kind of builds on what Cypher said in Matrix 1. Ignorance is bliss.

1665157427390.png

Latest Discussions