Liability insurance for teaching, recommendations?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am working on organizing a small training group in a local park, and am looking at liability insurance options. I spoke with Sadler Sports & Recreation Insurance, and found a couple others online. I am in California.

Anyone have any suggestions based on experience with a carrier? I would love to get a recommendation from someone who has had a good experience.

thanks!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am working on organizing a small training group in a local park, and am looking at liability insurance options. I spoke with Sadler Sports & Recreation Insurance, and found a couple others online. I am in California.

Anyone have any suggestions based on experience with a carrier? I would love to get a recommendation from someone who has had a good experience.

thanks!
I’ll ask around.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

thanks!
I do not know it they are in Cali but I use Next for personal liability coverage. They have been great to work with and very affordable. I use them in my MA business and another policy for our farming operation. I have had claims on both policies that went through without issue or rate increase.
Good company.
For everything else we use State Farm.

cismab

White Belt
Reaction score
Look at setting up your school as an AAU club and having all your students purchase AB (added benefits) memberships. Insurance is included as long as all your students are members and you have registered your school. Club membership is around $50 and youth are $16, adults $27ish depending on the martial art. You can get a certificate of insurance for the location too. For all the details go to AAUsports.org The AAU has over 150 athletes competing in the 2021 Olympics. They are a National amateur sports organization.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look at setting up your school as an AAU club and having all your students purchase AB (added benefits) memberships. Insurance is included as long as all your students are members and you have registered your school. Club membership is around $50 and youth are $16, adults $27ish depending on the martial art. You can get a certificate of insurance for the location too. For all the details go to AAUsports.org The AAU has over 150 athletes competing in the 2021 Olympics. They are a National amateur sports organization.
I have been involved with AAU for a long time and it would be great but this does not apply to general practitioners but it does not. Here is the fine print.

cismab

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been involved with AAU for a long time and it would be great but this does not apply to general practitioners but it does not. Here is the fine print.
Good to know, but it works for my school because we are a club operating out of a rec center. The students register via the rec center so the city is then the non-AAU entity offering the event.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good to know, but it works for my school because we are a club operating out of a rec center. The students register via the rec center so the city is then the non-AAU entity offering the event.
This is a liability insurance policy that covers you for regular classes?
My understanding of AAU liability only covers you during sanctioned competitions.
I would be hesitant to test it.

Latest Discussions