Lerning Krav Maga

paperguynj

White Belt
Reaction score
I took a class last week from an instructor that has been dooing KM for 30+ years. He teaches class 1 day per week. I was planning on adding this to BJJ training. he recommends practicing on your own between classes. Can 1 day a week be enough to become proficient in KM?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's easy to become proficient in Krav Maga just kick hitting the groin... (Joking I do Krav Maga myself so I'm not disrespecting it) but seriously yes it is it may take longer but it's better than nothing

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do.

If what you want to do is win a fight against another reasonably athletic human being.

Then one day a week probably wont work very well.

On the plus side the better you are at other martial arts the better you will be at krav.

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here is all you need to know about Krav:

Seriously though, Krav is an art that will supplement very well with your BJJ. I've been doing Krav for six years now and do a lot of the drills on my own, at least for muscle memory. If your instructor has been doing Krav for 30+ years, he probably has a direct link to Imi Lichtenfeld because Krav is a fairly new system. Who is your instructor?

kravmaga1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
1 day is good. But practicing krav maga daily is best.

Fred Claus

White Belt
Reaction score
What I did when I started out was I went out and got myself a partner. Someone who also wanted to learn. We took lessons once a week in the gym and then he had something set up in his garage sort of like a gym. We went there twice a week and practiced. You really need to practice with someone as well.

Latest Discussions