Leopard VS Crocodile Who'd Win??

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Leopard savaging a crocodile caught on camera

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ma...BQUIV0?xml=/earth/2008/07/18/ealeopard118.xml
Last Updated: 6:01pm BST 18/07/2008

The astonishing spectacle of a leopard savaging a crocodile has been captured for the first time on camera.
ealeopard118.jpg
All pictures by Hal Brindley/SOLO Syndication
A series of incredible pictures taken at a South African game reserve document the first known time that a leopard has taken on and defeated one of the fearsome reptiles.
ealeopard118a.jpg
The photographs were taken by Hal Brindley, an American wildlife photographer, who was supposed to be taking pictures of hippos from his car in the Kruger National Park.
ealeopard118b.jpg
The giant cat raced out of cover provided by scrub and bushes to surprise the crocodile, which was swimming nearby.
A terrible and bloody struggle ensued. Eventually, onlookers were amazed to see the leopard drag the crocodile from the water as the reptile fought back.
ealeopard118c.jpg
With the crocodile snapping its powerful jaws furiously, the two animals somersaulted and grappled. Despite the crocodile's huge weight and strength, the leopard had the upper hand catching its prey by the throat.
ealeopard118d.jpg
Eventually the big cat was able to sit on top of the reptile and suffocate it.
In the past, there have been reports of crocodiles killing leopards, but this is believed to the first time that the reverse scenario has been observed.
ealeopard118e.jpg
Mr Brindley said: 'I asked many rangers in South Africa if they had ever heard of anything like this and they all said no.
ealeopard118f.jpg
"It just doesn't make sense. The meat you get out of a crocodile is just not worth the risk it takes a predator to acquire. The whole scene happened in the course of about 5 minutes. Then the leopard was gone.
ealeopard118g.jpg

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
wow. I wonder how big the croc was. Some of them get really huge, I bet the leopard couldn't win against one of those. Sill, that is impressive and intriguing.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not terribly surprised. Crocs aren't very smart, have one main mode of attack (ambush), are only fast over short distances, and are not very agile or adaptable if something isn't right in front of their jaws. When the leopard surprised the croc and got behind the jaws, it was all over. Very cool pics!

Latest Discussions