'legal' weapons

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
What are you talking about? Most Kenpoists don't know what to do with a knife other than to use it to cut their steak to put in their fat bellies.

OK, now that was just way toooooooooo funny.

OP
B

bob919

i once arried around a apir of tonfa in my belt if they are heavy they are very good for dealing with other weaponed assaults particualry sticks nunchucks etc but not a sharp swrod that will just cut right through them also the increase your punching power becaues the end comes out further than the hand it hurts trust me

then you can use them as clubs with the short bit whacking people around the head

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What are you saying kenpo people don't know how to handle knives. Thats not true I'v seen kenpo people do great things with knives like put up on the wall ,the mantel, up for sale and show them off like a new bride might a diamond ring. all kidding a side .... oh wait I ment it sorry.:argue:

OP
J

Jill666

LOL we have some knives on the wall, and a Claymore in the corner at home:samurai:

Also in the corner a bo, jo, bokken. Not gathering dust however.

OP
E

Elfan

What are you talking about? Most Kenpoists don't know what to do with a knife other than to use it to cut their steak to put in their fat bellies.

Now the filipinos...watch out for them...

I have met many a kenpo person who carry knives... I remember once I was staying with someone and as he was uppacking knife afte knife came out. Then there was the couple with a huge collection of knives in their living room.

Supose thats not very widespread.

OP
C

chufeng

Originally posted by Elfan
I have met many a kenpo person who carry knives... I remember once I was staying with someone and as he was uppacking knife afte knife came out. Then there was the couple with a huge collection of knives in their living room.

Supose thats not very widespread.

Well you never know when you'll be served a nice juicy steak...
I carry chopsticks for the unannounced food thing...

:asian:
chufeng

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Evil Hillbilly 101.

Witnessed a nice juicy wad of chewing tobacco spit into the eyes before a boot toe to the testicles.

I recommend packets of table salt, in the nearest pocket, for the eyes. You need to be within 6 feet to be effectively accurate though.

I legally carry, but I keep a Stanley, index finger size, retractable razor at hand. Easy to palm between fingers and tear/slice arteries in a clinch if necessary.

When younger, and hanging around some thugs, witnessed what squirting a small can of Zippo lighter fluid on a badass, through a lit Bic, can do for wardrobe and new exciting dance moves. Just plain Zippo to the eyes would suck I'm wagering.

All the items mentioned above are perfectly legal. If a cop pulls you over to find tobacco, salt, lighter fluid w/Bic and a Stanley box opener, he will let you go. If a cop finds a knife beyond a certain length or a type of short stick, on you or in your vehicle, you could be in trouble. I've carried both at times. Guess it depends on what you are comfortable with and whether or not you want to stay within the law.

white belt

OP
C

chufeng

My teacher used to carry a straight sword strapped to his back everywhere he went...

Cops pulled him over one day to say that a concealed knife was against the law...

My teacher told him, "This is a sword...and it's not concealed."

The cops said, "Yeah but someone may see it as a threat and cause trouble."

Whereupon, my teacher said, "Who, in their right mind would attack a man carrying a sword?"

The cops left him alone...

:asian:
chufeng

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
How about those Laser/taser things? I'm not 100% sure what they're called. The little black box that have the two prongs at the end and you push a button and zap someone who's attacking you. It's supposed to stun a person for several seconds and maybe make them loose control of their muscles or whatever. What do you guys think of those? Has anyone ever used one or have seen how they work?

Robyn:asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by The Opal Dragon
How about those Laser/taser things? I'm not 100% sure what they're called. The little black box that have the two prongs at the end and you push a button and zap someone who's attacking you. It's supposed to stun a person for several seconds and maybe make them loose control of their muscles or whatever. What do you guys think of those? Has anyone ever used one or have seen how they work?

There are 2 kinds. One has to make direct contact with the handle where the 2 prongs are exposed and the other shoots one or more darts with a wire attached to deliver the charge. The idea being that it renders the opponent unable to move momentarily at least as it overrides the body's electrical sine wave etc.

Law enforcement now use the electrical belt to drop prisoners that don't behave. So the use of the concept is becoming more popular. There are those, as with anything, who can resist it somewhat depending on circumstance.

They are illegal to have in Canada but I have a similar version of a contact prong one I had when I worked on a farm. If you want to get dressed up in your best you are more than welcome to come on over to my place and play with it to see how it feels. Ha ha ha!

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Link :

http://www.taser.com/products/products.html

Very cool. But you have only ONE shot. So you had better don't miss !!

If I were to use one exclusively, ie w/o also carrying a gun as backup, I would use ONLY the M-series as the original one has proven to fail to subdue some real psychoes. The M-series use a different technology and works on everyone (except on Steven Seagull in one of his movies :rolleyes: lol )

An ideal weapon would be one that combine a M-Taser, OC spray, and a 10mm gun. Then you would have non-lethal options and a lethal backup.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Gou (welcome back!) and KennethKu for answering my question!:) I have the kind that you have to actually touch the prongs to the person for it to work. A friend gave it to me but he assured me that most likely I won't even have it with me if I need it. I expect that's where continuing to train and using common sense so I >hopefully< won't need a weapon comes in.

Robyn:asian:

OP
B

bob919

most new tazers can, after being fired used as astun gunor you can leave them on and have it cntinue pumping energy into you opponent

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Now the filipinos...watch out for them...

What if you're Mike Pick?

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by kenpo_cory
What if you're Mike Pick?

What part of the word "most" was the hardest part for you to grasp?

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What part of the word "most" was the hardest part for you to grasp?

Uh, I think it was the ost part. Could you repeat yourself another 4 or 5 times for me there monkey boy.

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Never heard of "Mike Pick" myself, but the name "Pick" combined with knives gives ME the creeps. A good fighting name would be Mike the "Ice" Pick. A good Kenpo man, I take?

white belt

OP
G

GouRonin

Mike Pick is probably one of the foremost runners of knife knowledge in the EPAK system. He is certainly not "most" Kenpoists.

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
EPAK? Enlighten me some more, please. I don't have any knowledge of what EPAK stands for. Good weapon training I take it?

white belt