'legal' weapons

S

SMAC

At the club i train at, our mascot is the 'wooden spoon'. This humble kitchen utensil is in fact the most leathal weapon known to man in the right hands! When our club went on tour (binge) we were required to keep a spoon on us at all times. I have even challenged UFC champ Dan Severn with it and he coward in its awesome presence(we met him at an exhibition whilst on tour). Does anybody else have a 'harmless' weapon they carry with them? Seriously, if a bouncer at a club catches you with a wooden spoon and you grin idiotically at them they won't even bother to confiscate it from you.
With great power comes great responsibility. I will never use my spoon for evil or in anger.
;-)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Nah, not really, I only carry my keys around and thats it. But thay are useful :D

OP
S

SMAC

yeah, especially if you manage to outrun them to your car and need to get in!

OP
M

Master of Blades

lol..........as soon as I'm old enough to drive I'll try that one out! :p

OP
F

fringe_dweller

Dan Bong, have it on the seat beside you in the car and most people just think it's a kid's toy or something.

OP
J

Jill666

I have an escrima in the car within grabbing distance. Otherwise, no- but I will start a handgun safety course next month. In this state, you need that before getting a firearms license.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OC pepper spray. Not even grizzly bears can stand it.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Dan Bong!!! That the one I was thinking of! Yeah I love those things.....

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jill666
I have an escrima in the car within grabbing distance. Otherwise, no- but I will start a handgun safety course next month. In this state, you need that before getting a firearms license.
I took the gun course in my state but I have yet to carry my weapon outside of my car. I don't know, I just have a hard time relaxing while a semi automatic handgun is strapped to my chest, or leg. But thats just me.

7sm

OP
M

Master of Blades

It must be so weird carrying around a gun. Not even the police do it in this country (Well not yet anyway)!

OP
A

Abbax8

The best legal weapon I can think of is a walking stick or cane. An elegant looking one that complements your attire, or a beat up one that makes it appear you may need it to assist you in walking. Another option is a comb, one that has a handle and is made of thick plastic. My grandmother carried a hat pin.

Peace
Dennis

OP
L

Lawman9

Originally posted by KennethKu
OC pepper spray. Not even grizzly bears can stand it.
Kenneth, don't get over confident in that stuff. We carry some of the hottest on the market and I have only seen it work, maybe twice. If someone is drunk or on any kind of drugs, it will probably be useless. I sprayed a guy one time and he didn't start crying until after we rolled on the ground for two minutes and I got him in handcuffs. They even teach us how to fight through the spray. We found out about a year ago that convicts were practicing how to defeat the pepper spray while they were in prison! I'm not a fan of the stuff.

The best legal weapon you can have is......yourself.... :D lol

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lawman,
What model is that? How many million SHU? What % of capsaicinoids?

OC is inflammatory and works on all people. I have the BodyGuard LE version. I seldom carry it. Outdoor, it is not what it all cracks up to be, due to the wind condition. Inside a room, sure it hits where you aim and is pretty nasty. It is just another tool.

OP
L

Lawman9

We use 5% stream. I've used the fog spray and I really don't like that. The foam is pretty cool but people can wipe it off of their face and then wipe it on you during the fight.

OP
G

GouRonin

I like to carry at least 3 or 4 knives on me at any given time but in my car I have a sawed off pool cue in reach as well as 2 knives with easy access to them hanging in the car.

However, I have always said that a nice solid pewter belt buckle will flay the skin off someone's face and do great damage when swung or used to choke which is why I always wear a belt. Your clothes provide lots of weapons. In the locker room at the gym a sock with your car keys is handy. In fact, if you take a hankie or something similar you can put the keys in it or whatever is heavy and handy like change, while you are running. It buys you the time until you need to turn and fight.

OP
E

Elfan

hehe Gou, supose that Kenpo love of having lots of knives stayed with you?

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Elfan
hehe Gou, supose that Kenpo love of having lots of knives stayed with you?

What are you talking about? Most Kenpoists don't know what to do with a knife other than to use it to cut their steak to put in their fat bellies.

Now the filipinos...watch out for them...

Latest Discussions