Lajust system

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been to a couple of events that have included the system and I have been disappointed to say the least, what is it that the USAT and the WTF see in this system? It does not work 3/4 of the time. It is a complete failure when it comes to being time efficent and that last thing is you have to really throw an inproper techniques with the roundhouse for it to score, I mean we teach the roundkick but that is going against everything that TKD has been teaching for years.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been to a couple of events that have included the system and I have been disappointed to say the least, what is it that the USAT and the WTF see in this system? It does not work 3/4 of the time. It is a complete failure when it comes to being time efficent and that last thing is you have to really throw an inproper techniques with the roundhouse for it to score, I mean we teach the roundkick but that is going against everything that TKD has been teaching for years.

I feel the same, I havent see the sistem working actually but all I read abou it is bad. I really think that if we want TKD to be a more efective sport the electronic equipment is not the solution at all.

If we want TKD to be a better sport show we need to encourage the competitors to use clean well aimed techniques (fist and feet) to the permited areas of the body.Also we need to teach the judges or referees what a point must be. I've seen some matches were for example a three points to the head is awarded wiht a gentle kick that only tap in the helmet and in the worst just a gentle touch and then...... 3 pòints!!! camon.

Manny

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The time efficiency matters are more the inability of the tournament operators to do things properly than an inherent problem with the gear itself. At the US Open, once the gear was distributed to each ring and fighters we pre-staged into the gear, things ran quite well. At Jr Worlds a few weeks ago, fighters were already in the gear before they came out on the floor. At event starting next year, everyone will have to have their own gear so it will be on ahead of time as well, plus I imagine that it will cut down on the number of tournament participants since there aren't many out there that will be willing to drop several hundred dollars on each of a red and blue lajust crappy hogu.

With regards to Manny's point about 3 points for gently brushing the head... Well, the rules do say "when any part of the foot touches the opponent's head, it shall be regarded as a score" and there is no mention about the amount of force. Just the foot touching the head. I have seen the same thing and at the same time, I have seen some just about take another person's head completely off their shoulders and get no points. This is why eventually the lajust crappy electronic head gear will be put to use.

My primary issue with the lajust crappy system is that is is not designed to conform to the rules, such as having no sensors on the ball of the foot, which is a valid delivery mechanism. "Any part of the foot, below the ankle" right? And of course the hogu has no sensors on the back side.

Bones

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mango,

I think the product is actually called LaCrap.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think USAT only jumped onboard because the WTF did.

Its all a good concept, but needs many more improvements. I have an issue wearing someone elses sweaty *** hogu that is still steaming from their body heat..... but the option is to own your own... which will almost seal the fate of lajust being the only used system in the US. Once people start owning one system, they are not going to likely purchase others....

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The concept of the EBP was to take the bias out of the game. With the 3 point head shot it has given the referees more control than they had. Now they control the game with Kyungo's and head shots. The EBP concept is failing. Boy did my kids pick a strange sport!!!

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The concept of the EBP was to take the bias out of the game. With the 3 point head shot it has given the referees more control than they had. Now they control the game with Kyungo's and head shots. The EBP concept is failing. Boy did my kids pick a strange sport!!!

Yea but what can we do about it nothing, but sit back and watch as the world of sport TKD goes round and round....

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think USAT only jumped onboard because the WTF did.

Its all a good concept, but needs many more improvements. I have an issue wearing someone elses sweaty *** hogu that is still steaming from their body heat..... but the option is to own your own... which will almost seal the fate of lajust being the only used system in the US. Once people start owning one system, they are not going to likely purchase others....
WTF really dictates what the other orgs like USAT do. USAT is under WTF.

The thing I think is jacked up, is that we will need to purchase these things and there are still other players out there developing EBB systems. So what happens when WTF approves someone else and make that new apporoved system the offical system?

When tournaments are only 75 - 125 people and they start losing money I bet they drop the you must provide your own crap.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sport fencing has required you to buy your own electronics for quite a while now. It doesn't seem to have affected the quantity of fencers.

How much does the system cost? If it is comparable to what it costs for foil fencing, then changes in official gear are unlikely to cause any sort of drop off.

If it costs as much as kendo bogu, on the other hand, that would have a profound effect on who can pay the cost of entry.

Daniel

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sport fencing has required you to buy your own electronics for quite a while now. It doesn't seem to have affected the quantity of fencers.

How much does the system cost? If it is comparable to what it costs for foil fencing, then changes in official gear are unlikely to cause any sort of drop off.

If it costs as much as kendo bogu, on the other hand, that would have a profound effect on who can pay the cost of entry.

Daniel

Daniel it is $595.00 and you need to have two of them plus the socks is around $40.00 per pair. It is alot when you consider that the normal cast is around $75.00 and you only need one. Every time somebodys grows they need a new one.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Daniel it is $595.00 and you need to have two of them plus the socks is around $40.00 per pair. It is alot when you consider that the normal cast is around $75.00 and you only need one. Every time somebodys grows they need a new one.
That is much more expensive than electric fencing equipment and on par with the mid priced 2.0.mm machine made bogu (mine was about 650.00).

That will definitely have an effect.

Just for comparison, saber fencers get the costliest gear, as they need an electric mask, jacket, wire, and I think a special glove, plus the saber. Altogether, you're looking at about 400. for everything as I recall.

Foil, which is by far the most popular of the three fencing weapons, requires a lame, a wire, and an electric foil, which together are less than two hundred on top of the normal protective gear (non electric mask, glove, jacket, and knickers), which can be had for as low as about 200. Several manufacturers make electric starter sets that will cut the costs even further.

Epee requires only an electric epee and a wire. Less than a hundred unless you want maraging steel.

Sounds like a hefty chunk of money, especially if, as you pointed out, you have a child who is likely to grow out of it.

Daniel

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is much more expensive than electric fencing equipment and on par with the mid priced 2.0.mm machine made bogu (mine was about 650.00).

That will definitely have an effect.

Just for comparison, saber fencers get the costliest gear, as they need an electric mask, jacket, wire, and I think a special glove, plus the saber. Altogether, you're looking at about 400. for everything as I recall.

Foil, which is by far the most popular of the three fencing weapons, requires a lame, a wire, and an electric foil, which together are less than two hundred on top of the normal protective gear (non electric mask, glove, jacket, and knickers), which can be had for as low as about 200. Several manufacturers make electric starter sets that will cut the costs even further.

Epee requires only an electric epee and a wire. Less than a hundred unless you want maraging steel.

Sounds like a hefty chunk of money, especially if, as you pointed out, you have a child who is likely to grow out of it.

Daniel
As Terry pointed out you will need two (one blue and the other red) at $500 to $600 each. So if you have one child competing that would be $1000 - $1200, but what if you have 2 or more you have to buy for? Now you are looking at $2000 - $2400 not including the socks. Now if said kids is only 13 - 14 years old and still growing then what do you do? They will out grow the darn things in a year or so.

Guess the numbers will drop, and a major drop off at that. Some young talented up coming kids will not develop due to this.

Really sad to see.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Perhaps instead of Lajust, they should call it Unjust?

My guess is that there will be an initial drop off, and after about three years or so (maybe less), prices will come down. Remember when Blu-ray was over a grand less than three years ago?

The question is what will happen in the intervening three years.

Daniel

Reactions: ATC

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score

Gorilla is better to think your kids pick up a traditional martial art from Korea, that teach them self control,loyalty,to be humble and show respect to the people and an exelent way of learn how defend themselves if need it, don't you think?

Manny

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Gorilla is better to think your kids pick up a traditional martial art from Korea, that teach them self control,loyalty,to be humble and show respect to the people and an exelent way of learn how defend themselves if need it, don't you think?

Manny

You are right I love all those things about TKD. I am glad they do TKD! I just find the sport to be a little crazy. Having said that my kids love the sport and dedicate their lives to it and I support them. But from my position I find allot of things in the sport don't make allot of sense.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Perhaps instead of Lajust, they should call it Unjust?...
Great parody name. I think I will start calling it that. Maybe if it catches on the powers that be will soon get the message.

From now on everyone should use the name UnJust when referring to the LaJust system.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Great parody name. I think I will start calling it that. Maybe if it catches on the powers that be will soon get the message.

From now on everyone should use the name UnJust when referring to the LaJust system.

I will stick with "The lajust crap" or "the crappy lajust stuff"

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With three kids and a wife that still competes I am screwed, I need another job just to pay for the equipment next year.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
My two kids and I compete. I'll have to stop and so will my son. Not even sure the lay out cost is worth it for my daughter (she'll never be an elite TKDist...she just loves to compete).

Sheesh. very disheartening news.

Peace,
Erik

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My two kids and I compete. I'll have to stop and so will my son. Not even sure the lay out cost is worth it for my daughter (she'll never be an elite TKDist...she just loves to compete).

Sheesh. very disheartening news.

Peace,
Erik

AAU is good option if you want to compete