Ladies in the clinch...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A short clip of two western ladies that went to Thailand to train, and how their class was working on fighting from the clinch.
[yt]udD5OPCck30[/yt]

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not a bad idea as that type of training can be helpful to women getting out away from an abusive husband/bf/date. The camera man needed to stick to the ladies however but probably being the all encompassing videographer.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ladies in the clinch?

i love putting ladies in the clinch. :)

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
whoops I got a bad rep with that comment.

( no name left though )

Sorry!!!!

I was only mucking about. :)

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
A short clip of two western ladies that went to Thailand to train, and how their class was working on fighting from the clinch.
[yt]udD5OPCck30[/yt]
Interesting clip! Thanks, Carol.

It's interesting that they use a back 180 degree spin (approx, if I'm remembering it right; anyway, between 90-180). I use/teach this at long/medium range and call it a dragon spin (can be easy take down if I lower my hands during the spin; can whirlybird him along the ground if he's forced down mid-turn...all kinds of things). But it's really an eye-opener for me to see how effective it is at close range--they're able to move the opponent relatively easily with this technique.

So, thanks again. I learned something. :asian:

And by the way, anyone who thinks ladies can't fight just hasn't been to the right places yet. :D I still have bruises...Well, I'll tell that another time. ;)

1ofkind

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I don't really see how this is that great. I guess it's a bit of an inside, and we get to see girls.

Kieran

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's good because you can see how they train clinch in Thialand.

I'm not sure how much clinch work the girls have done before though. If none, it looks like they are the beginning of their training.

Latest Discussions