Lack Of self Control?!

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yo Guys (and Gals)
Dont mean to break whatever happy mood is on the part of this forum just wanted 2 ask some questions.
Say for example, you find that you have a lack of self control recently, not being able to stop yourself from doing things, even though you know its wrong what do you do? e.g. keep eating chocolate at night, or openly cricitising your M.art in a lesson what could you do to stop yourself?

How about if you dont know what is right or wrong in your own mind (this is hard prospect one of my mates threw at me) and your confused about your feelings, so you end up thinking you have a lack of control and therefore end up hating yourself even though you dont know what you did in the first place was wrong?

Complicated!
Sorry if it is.
Regards

S

Spud

Cold showers aren't working then? :)

Sounds similar to a behavior cycle that I've been working on:

Diversion (compulsion) >Avoidance > Shame > Feelings of Inadequacy > Diversion (compulsion) > Avoidance

Once I recognized what I was avoiding by taking comfort in diversion/compulsion, the cycle breaks. It's a struggle, but I understand the pattern and can recognize what's happening and what steps I need to control it.

Took some hours of therapy to figure it out, but it was worth it.

Gotta go, I'm avoiding work and feeling shameful. Good Luck.

Latest Discussions