Kung Fu Exchange (North America)

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
has anyone been to a kung fu exchange meeting. i hear some schools get together somewhere in TX or somewhere to either chi sau, fight, or maybe compete with their forms..
has anyone been there?
what does it take to go there, where is it, what's the purpose, and what do they do?
is it only restricted to one style of KF?

thanks

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i made a thread that is in seminars, tournaments,etc forum...maybe what you are looking for. Taiji Legacy Classic.
Maybe this is it?

OP
mantis

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks AceHBK
nah, that's not it... it's not THAT known or popular.
i think 7starmantis would know, i think his school has something to do with it, or they started it or something...

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, the US Kung Fu Exchange is the organization of schools under Sifu Raymond Fogg of Dallas Texas. Each school has their own Sifu but each of these trained under Raymond Fogg. We have come together to build a legit mantis organization that produces skilled mantis players and schools. The cool thing is we have several different styles of kung fu in the mix from Wah Lum, 7*, Hung Gar, Jau Gar, and Tai Chi. These are styles members have trained in but our focus is of course 7 Star Mantis. It was started in 1975 by Fogg Sifu and has really grown since. We now have schools in Texas, California, Lousianna, New York, Florida, Michigan...I think thats it.

We have a workshop once a year headed by Sifu Fogg and taught by many of the Exchange sifus. Usually its in August. That is the biggest "get together" we do unless of course we mention the Birthday Celebration we have at our school every January for Sifu Fogg. That is a big deal where most of our schools come from around the US and do lots of kung fu for Fogg Sifu.

The birthday celebration would of course just be for memebrs of the exchange who train at an exchange school. The workshop is open to anyone from any school or style. USKFE members receive a discounted rate though.

Does that answer your questions?

7sm

OP
mantis

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
oh gotcha. so it's more like a 7 star mantis exchange.
i thought we actually meet schools from other styles. that would be cool to make a network to include other styles.. (hmm... reminds me of chin woo's initial idea). Sifu cheng's schools get together like once a year too to exchange their skills.

how advanced do you have to be to participate in the august event? i assume my school falls under sifu fogg's family too (in addition to sifu lee kam wing)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes your school is most assuredly under the Fogg family. As a side note, your sifu nad my sifu grew up together doing kung fu with Sifu Fogg since they were like 9 or 10 years old.

Any student of any level is more than welcome at the workshops. Usually they are in Texas though. We are actually flying into Orange Country at the end of June for a testing, we may also head up to Hollywood to visit Sifu Wright and Sigung Fogg should be there doing a workshop, if your interested, ask your instructors.

7sm

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What you all have sounds pretty interesting. Is it ever held in dallas or know of any seminars/events going on in dallas?

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually Sifu Raymond Fogg who started the Exchange is based in Dallas. His annual workshop is usually held in or around Dallas, every now and again we'll go to Austin or here (Tyler). His workshop is noramlly held in September, so I'll post somethign here when it gets closer and I know some details.

7sm

OP
mantis

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks Adamn.
That's definitely the info im looking for
great, thanks