Kukkiwon website

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody else have a problem with the Kukkiwon site? It locks up on me all the time. I hate it because I'd really like to get the official names for all the techniques and whatnot. None of the Korean masters and grandmasters I've ever worked with used the Korean names for every technique. Also, the terms on the Kukkiwon site are a little different from what I did learn in some cases.

Anyway, I just wondered if everybody has the same problem with the site locking up and slowing everything else down. It only happens on that site, so I don't think there's anything wrong with my computer.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems , but some of my students have. Everything that is on the website as far as poomsae is right out of the text book. Maybe better for you to buy the book. Good luck!

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
no problems either. Noticed if i had a slower computer or connection it bogs down though.

Any who... this is a descent book. breaks down ALL korean TKD terminology. never realized how the same technique was called something different in ITF and WTF.
BOOK: A Martial Artist's Guide to Korean Terms, Translation and Han-Gul
spacer.gif

90651.jpg

AWMA has it. Although it doesnt help with actually hearing it spoken, it is a rather useful book.

OP
S

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the textbook. I have a very old book by Richard Chun called Taekwondo: the Korean Martial Art, but the terms aren't all the same, and there aren't nearly as many of them in it. Where would I find the text book? And would it matter which edition I have?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've not experienced any problems with the website. I just processed a student's application online and it went fairly smoothly.

Latest Discussions