Kukkiwon registering organizations?

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Saw this on their facebook today?
US Chang Moo Kwan Union is the Kukkiwon-registered organization governing Chang Moo Kwan Tae Kwon Do for the United States of America.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw this on their facebook today?
US Chang Moo Kwan Union is the Kukkiwon-registered organization governing Chang Moo Kwan Tae Kwon Do for the United States of America.

The Kukkiwon has been registering organisations for a while under the Kukkiwon Membership System (KMS):

http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/eng/front...629&category=1&pageNum=1&searchKey=&searchVal

I am a Kukkiwon Individual Member for my dojang.

Also, I think the phrasing they've used is a bit weird - the Kukkiwon hasn't registered them for Chang Moo Kwan in the USA, the Kukkiwon doesn't care about kwan affiliation and they aren't responsible for choosing who governs a kwan in a country.

They are (may be) a Kukkiwon registered organisation and they are either self-appointed as governing Chang Moo Kwan in the USA or the World Taekwondo Changmookwan Federation has appointed them as such. The Changmookwan definitely registers dojang as members (my dojang is one) so I wouldn't be surprised if it registered a group as a member (although I'm not sure they would appoint a sole group as the governing members for a country).