KT:Kempo Assault!

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Kempo Assault!
By kroh - Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:06:25 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I am a very new beginner in the art of Kosho. I know a few of the kata and a few of the principles and can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I recently re-enlisted into the military and have to take a short break from the dojo for a few and that got me to thinking. I am currently working on my MACP training to make sure I have that down but I was wondering about how I would be using kosho with it. I can see ( just like any grappling applications) where the main principles of kosho come into play but the main problem I am having is the mindset.

The things I am interested in are:

*How to apply some of the weapon applications of Kosho to the weapons I will be outfitted with (James Williams does a nice job of combining his Nami Ryu with Systema to form His System of Strategy Which Seems to work well).

*How to use the body folding arts to control and arrest instead of hit and fade away.

*Using Kosho Principles as they apply to the grappling techniques in Level one of MACP.

I am sure there are other areas that I will investigate and have questions on but those are the big ones right now. The most important thing is getting my Kosho to work real world... that way after I use it I can come back and spew about how great everyone's advice was:D.

Regards,
Walt

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions