KT:Brotherly Love

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Brotherly Love
By Kosho Gakkusei - Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:16:19 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

On Sunday I took my kids to visit their Grandmother. My youngest brother who is 17 who doesn't really know much about what martial art I practice asked me to show him some boxing or something to defend himself.

I showed him a few blocks and how to properly apply them translating them into counters, dealing with secondary attacks, and translating them into throws. The basic idea I conveyed was the blocks are for setting up the opponent not as much for preventing an attack from connecting.

To drive the point home I said, "If all I want to do is keep from getting hit, I don't need to block." He said, "What?" I said punch me and used the escaping arts. My brother said, "Cool!" Then for about 5 minutes straight he tried to hit me and I used mostly no touch defense.

I say mostly because at the end one punch barely glanced my shoulder and then I slapped his attacking limb. Next punch I stepped to angle 3 but left my right hand. When he punched again I returned to where I came from locking his skeletal structure. When he tried to move I ended up with a throw and my brother ended up very muddy and said, "OK, I've had enough."

The experience made me appreciate what I've learned from Kosho.

_Don Flatt

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions