Krav Maga in the NFL

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't follow links in forums unless there's a contextual reason to. Drive-by posts like this are a pet peeve of mine.

What is it that Krav Maga is doing to the NFL?

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
No problem. They are trying to implement moves/tactics from Krav Maga into movements that can be utilized by NFL athletes.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah no specifics. Pure marketing.

I'm interested in all MA, even it's a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:

Christopher Adamchek

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have a student who is really into [American] football and we sometimes find similarities in the passing and manipulating kali moves that i teach with line passing techniques he's learned in football practices

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the years, various martial arts have gotten attached to the NFL at one point or another, to one degree or another. There was an article in Black Belt years ago about one team using some style of kung fu. TKD has been attached, too.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the years, various martial arts have gotten attached to the NFL at one point or another, to one degree or another. There was an article in Black Belt years ago about one team using some style of kung fu. TKD has been attached, too.

I saw a thing about Phillip Lindsay (Denver Broncos) on the news recently. He does TKD. He's not all that good, honestly, but I don't think he's been training all that long.