Kosho Shorei Ryu in Boston

S

stanley neptune

Hi folks,

I am looking for a Kosho Shorei Ryu school in Boston. I have witnessed Mike Brown's (of Rhode Island) demonstration of this beautiful art and would like to train in it. If you are ever in Rhode Island for an extended period of time seek out Mike. His technical Knowledge appears awesome. If I lived closer I would train with him.

I have a blue belt in Shao Lin Kenpo (Villari's style) and have studied Northern Shao Lin and JKD. I have dabbled in small circle ju jitsu and aikido.

Kosho looks like a very good style.

How would Kosho relate to the styles I have previously studied?
Is there a school in the Boston Mass area?
Does the stye vary from instructor to instructor? (I am sure it does!)

Stanley Neptune

OP
S

stanley neptune

PS,

Thanks in advance.

Stanley Neptune

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by stanley neptune
Hi folks,

I am looking for a Kosho Shorei Ryu school in Boston. I have witnessed Mike Brown's (of Rhode Island) demonstration of this beautiful art and would like to train in it. If you are ever in Rhode Island for an extended period of time seek out Mike. His technical Knowledge appears awesome. If I lived closer I would train with him.

I have a blue belt in Shao Lin Kenpo (Villari's style) and have studied Northern Shao Lin and JKD. I have dabbled in small circle ju jitsu and aikido.

Kosho looks like a very good style.

How would Kosho relate to the styles I have previously studied?
Is there a school in the Boston Mass area?
Does the stye vary from instructor to instructor? (I am sure it does!)

Stanley Neptune
Hello!
The closest person in massachusetts i'm aware of is Jim matiotis in upstate mass. He hosted Hanshi Juchnick and Paul Yamaguchi recently at his studio. Check the kosho websites for his address and phone number. I have it somewhere but not handy.
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

OP
W

Why?Why_Not?

Martial Arts Centers International
Jim Moraites-Head Instructor
243 Boston Ave., Medford, MA 02155
781 306-1514
mailto:[email protected]

Kosho works well with all styles because it studies motion and is more concept/principle oriented than technique oriented. Have fun!

Latest Discussions