Need input on the Kosho School in Boston!

S

stanley neptune

Has anyone studied with Jim Moriates the Kosho instructor in Boston (Medford actually)? I want to check out his school and I am doing my due diligence. Input from an instructor's peers is always the best form of advice.

Kosho looks like what I am searching for at this stage in my life. I live too far from Brown Sensei of Rhode Island. The nearest instructor to me is Moraites Sensei.

Your input as always would be greatly appreciated. (Come on Professor Joe you know everyone! What's the skinny?)

Stanley Neptune

OP
K

Karazenpo

stanley neptune said:
Has anyone studied with Jim Moriates the Kosho instructor in Boston (Medford actually)? I want to check out his school and I am doing my due diligence. Input from an instructor's peers is always the best form of advice.

Kosho looks like what I am searching for at this stage in my life. I live too far from Brown Sensei of Rhode Island. The nearest instructor to me is Moraites Sensei.

Your input as always would be greatly appreciated. (Come on Professor Joe you know everyone! What's the skinny?)

Stanley Neptune

Hi Stanley, no, I don't know him. Do you know if is of Thomas Barros Mitose's lineage or Bruce Juchnik's ? because there is a difference. I'll ask around for you. Professor Joe

OP
S

stanley neptune

Professor Joe,

As always thank you for your response. Jim Moraites studies under Bruce Juchnik. He also counts Mike Brown and Dave Lopiore as his treachers. Actually Dave recommended him to me.

Thanks again

Stanley Neptune

OP
K

Karazenpo

Hey Stanley, I just found out from Shihan Mike Brown that Jimmy Moraites has just closed his school to go move to Florida. Shihan Mike said his main art is Chi Ling Pai Kung Fu and he is also a Cerio Black belt under Shihan Joe Nesta.

OP
S

stanley neptune

That' s a bummer!! There are no Kosho Schools in Boston.

I guess I will have to do Aiki or Systema. Arthur Sennot teaches at a school that also teaches Aiki arts in Allston. Those arts looks similar to Mike Brown's Kosho.

Proffessor Joe, as always thanks for the help. Your are a scholar (and a brawler) and a gentleman.

Stanley Neptune

Latest Discussions