Kosho Shorei Ryu

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have done mainly Chinese Martial arts for the last several years, Tai Chi and internal Kung Fu, but I started with Japanese Martial Arts and I recently came across Kosho Shorei Ryu kempo karate and did some reading about it. So far I like what I read

I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight to Kosho Shorei Ryu kempo karate?

There is a school near my home and I was just wondering what other people thought about this style of Karate

Thanks

dianhsuhe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My favorite asset from this site is the search function... Because there is so much info. on here, that might be your best bet-

I would visit the class and see if you like it-

Welcome and good luck!

Benjp

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've been studying Kosho Shorei Ryu for a couple of years and I love it.

When I was in College I enjoyed Shito Ryu karate. We would do knuckle punch push ups, bruising forearm bone conditioning, and a lot of truly physical demanding activities that a young body can employ.

Now that I'm older and less prone to recovery, I've found a system (Kosho Ryu) that focusses on self defense and avoiding conflict instead of meeting the conflict head on.

I also find that Kosho Ryu is very challenging, yet very intuitive. There are no secrets, simply just physical concepts that follow from the study of motion. I suggest that you check it out and stay with it for a little while to see how it grows on you..

Regards,

Ben