Korean Wrestling

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Months ago we talked here about the korean wrestling Ssierum (Shirum), we practiced it in dojang once in a while here I leave you some info about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ssireum .

In my dojang we do soem kind of Shyrum but we do it in two diferente ways, a) standing and grabing neck and one arm ala greco/roman wrestling, the firsth gay/gal who touches the floor with any part or the body excepto feet soles is the looser, b) sitting back to back, when the wistle screems both competitor face each other kneeling and in this position the fisrt gay/gal who touches the floor is the looser, sometime we ad some of ground work and the one that smacks the floor flat back or both shoulders for more than 3 seconds is the looser.

Manny

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In my dojang we do soem kind of Shyrum but we do it in two diferente ways, a) standing and grabing neck and one arm ala greco/roman wrestling, the firsth gay/gal who touches the floor with any part or the body excepto feet soles is the looser, b) sitting back to back, when the wistle screems both competitor face each other kneeling and in this position the fisrt gay/gal who touches the floor is the looser, sometime we ad some of ground work and the one that smacks the floor flat back or both shoulders for more than 3 seconds is the looser.

Just an aside, Manny, but I think you meant GUY, not gay. Otherwise, I'm not sure this type of wrestling is for me. :)

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We tried that at our do-jang one time and it was fun. We tried the version where you both have to keep hold of the other persons belt with both hands. There are a few ways to bring someone down, one of them is to try and trip them by hooking your leg around theirs. I was twice the weight of the kid they put up against me so I used another technique, I just spun him around me until he fell down :)

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just an aside, Manny, but I think you meant GUY, not gay. Otherwise, I'm not sure this type of wrestling is for me. :)

Sorry su much!!!!! My mistake yes the word is Guy, forgive my bad writing.....

Manny

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not at all. I bet if I were trying to write in Spanish, I'd be coming up with some funny stuff from time to time too.:ultracool

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea it is fun to do once in a while but it is not my cup of tea....:erg: