Kick-Boxing

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
should be the style name for all arts like K1, Sport Karate, Full Contact, Muay Thai, Savate´, Sanda, Burmese Boxing and son on.

So everybody all around the world knows what it means.

What do you think ?

Reaction score
should be the style name for all arts like K1, Sport Karate, Full Contact, Muay Thai, Savate´, Sanda, Burmese Boxing and son on.

So everybody all around the world knows what it means.

What do you think ?

aah im afraid ive tried this with much confusion , i would rather have to explain what muay thai is rather than call it kickboxing then when i say atualy i do muay thai they got confused hen i tell them the diferences and they wonder why i called it kickboxing when i do muay thai

Slihn

Purple Belt
Reaction score
chris_มวยไทย;699314 said:
aah im afraid ive tried this with much confusion , i would rather have to explain what muay thai is rather than call it kickboxing then when i say atualy i do muay thai they got confused hen i tell them the diferences and they wonder why i called it kickboxing when i do muay thai

...................I hate it when that happens(when they call Muay Thai kickboxing);two totally different arts

OP
German Coach

German Coach

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In the seventies Kick-Boxing without low kicks was named Full Contact Karate. The Japanes Karatekas couln´d understand this :)

If some practise Muay Thai without knowing any Thai word for the technuiqes - what is he doing ?

My idea was to find a name for all similar styles, that everbody all around the world can understand.

It´s like Ju-Jutsu, Jiu-Jitsu, Ju-Jitsu, Goshin -Jitsu and so on. They all they they do something different from each other and they are right.:)