Kenpo Manuals

M

meni

Hello all
I have heard that in the original Kenpo Manuals (by Mr. Ed parker) there where some mistake or that he placed some mistakes there purposely!

Is that a true story (fact)? I appreciate an answer from anybody but especially from the old and noble guard.

OP
S

SingingTiger

I can't corroborate this, but here's a quote from Mr. Lee Wedlake's website (http://www.lwkarate.com). It refers to Parker's book "Secrets of Chinese Karate."

"In Secrets, you'll see the Two Man Set, also called Black Belt Set. It's incorrect in the book. When I asked him why, he told me he published it that way so if someone came into a Kenpo school saying they knew the set and did it that way, it would tell an authorized instructor that the person learned from the book and not a legitimate instructor. That is a key to understanding Ed Parker and why he did some or the things he did."

Rich

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you look in the infinite insights books you will find a way to signify a form and then salute.
While we shoud begin on the left, go to the right...then salutation, he has it in the book going from right to left and then salutation.
The reason???
Sam Ting!!!
To know who is a Kenpo student and who is a student of Kenpo books.

I've even heard a story that a prominent Kenpoist of no small reputation believed that this difference was a 'new change' and that he therefore began to signify right then left then salutation, causing some others to raise their eye brows and say 'errr?'....

Your Brother
John

Attachments

• $knight_md_wht.gif
    $knight_md_wht.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 131

Latest Discussions