Kenpo in Port Arthur or Nacogdoches TX?

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good Kenpo School/Instructor in Port Arthur and Nacogdoches TX? Looking for one for a buddy. Thanks.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is a neat guy in Nacogdoches named Joe Lansdale, who teaches Shen Chuan. I have taught camps for him the past 2 years and he is having Chuck Sullivan in this year. He started in Kenpo, and now combines that with other arts he has obtained black belts in over the decades. Have your friend check out one of his classes. See JoeRLansdale.com

I do not know anyone it the Port Arthur area right off hand. I can ask around. Jason Bugg may know someone, and he is a member here. He lives in Houston, halfway between where I am and Port Arthur, so he is probably more familiar with the area.

-Michael

OP
shane23ss

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
There is a neat guy in Nacogdoches named Joe Lansdale, who teaches Shen Chuan. I have taught camps for him the past 2 years and he is having Chuck Sullivan in this year. He started in Kenpo, and now combines that with other arts he has obtained black belts in over the decades. Have your friend check out one of his classes. See JoeRLansdale.com

I do not know anyone it the Port Arthur area right off hand. I can ask around. Jason Bugg may know someone, and he is a member here. He lives in Houston, halfway between where I am and Port Arthur, so he is probably more familiar with the area.

-Michael
Thanks Mr Billings. I will surely let him know. If you hear anything else about Port Arthur, please let me know. I have two different people asking me about this. One is in Port Arthur, the other in Nacogdoches. Thanks again.

bustr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
shane23ss said:
I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good Kenpo School/Instructor in Port Arthur and Nacogdoches TX? Looking for one for a buddy. Thanks.

Just curious. Does it have to be kenpo? The club where I train and teach has folks with black belt ranks in Universal Karate (Hebert/Hardy style), kuntao, Kanto Ryu Kenpo-Jutsu, Shorin Ryu, Goshin-jutsu, point fighting and a few Gracie brown belts (one of whom has a wrestling and boxing background). One of the owners was a boxing coach in the Air Force too. I teach Eskrima and some gross hand to hand. We're locate in Port Neches on Pure Atlantic next to Billy Joes Barbeque. Why is your friend asking about Nacogdoches and Port Arthur? Is he a student at SFA? Those two cities are at least a hundred miles apart.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, Port Arthur! I grew up in Beaumont and I thought I would never have to hear Port Arthur again!! :) If your friend is located in P.A., Beaumont would be a good place to look as well, its really growing or so I hear.

7sm

OP
shane23ss

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your responses. Yes, it is 2 different people asking. These guys are in the Texas National Guard and have been activated to my area for the past year and a half. They have been training with me since they got here. That is the reason I am asking about Kenpo. As you can see from my profile, I train in a Kenpo system. They really enjoy Kenpo and have a huge interest in continuing training somewhere. The one from P.A. has a real natural talent for Kenpo. Thanks again for your responses. I will pass the information on to them. Hopefully they can find a home.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There is Guy Crump in Houston, that may help your buddy in Port Arthur. I have a school in Shreveport, about an hour and a half from Nacogdoches.

OP
shane23ss

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
KenpoDave said:
There is Guy Crump in Houston, that may help your buddy in Port Arthur. I have a school in Shreveport, about an hour and a half from Nacogdoches.
Thanks Dave. Hey, if you are in the loop on other Tracy schools, send me a PM if you know of any in the Tennessee area. Thanks.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
shane23ss said:
Thanks Dave. Hey, if you are in the loop on other Tracy schools, send me a PM if you know of any in the Tennessee area. Thanks.

I can't think of any schools in Tennessee other than Jackson. I believe most in Tennessee are personal trainers that teach some but don't actually have schools. You can check the Tracy's website, though.

OP
shane23ss

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
KenpoDave said:
I can't think of any schools in Tennessee other than Jackson. I believe most in Tennessee are personal trainers that teach some but don't actually have schools. You can check the Tracy's website, though.
Yeah, I checked there. I saw the school from Jackson, the only problem is that Jackson is a pretty good hike from where I am from. Thanks for the help.

Latest Discussions