Kempo international ~various blocking systems

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the inaugural video for the "Kempo International" organization, Joe Rebelo "KENPOJOE" details out various kempo/kenpo/ blocking systems/sets from different kempo/kenpo systems/styles as well as explaining Kempo Internationals mission and goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Mmm! Interesting. As someone that doesn't believe in blocking I would like to to see what his interpretation was of the moves he was demonstrating and I would be intrigued to see how he would use those moves in a real fight. The reference to Remy Presas was also interesting as what he demonstrated is part of Krav Maga. Still, that is a trap and not a block. In the early stages he spoke of deflection but very little he showed was what I would call deflection.
:asian:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, as K-man said, it is very interesting. Most systems have a means of starting a new student off with a set of moves at a beginner level that sets the stage for a deeper understanding of a given art. I'm commenting mostly because GoJu was mentioned and I wanted to clarify a bit on where GoJu sits on the subject of blocking.. All in all it was a very informative bit of info.

Latest Discussions