Keith Olbermann Suspended from MSNBC

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As to the rest of your "point"(?), corporations-no matter the leanings of the individuals who may be their public face, ala Bill Gates, tend to lean with the conservative, free market, limited regulation approach to politics-as the corporate entity stands the most to gain from this.

I've never though of Bill Gates as being or leaning conservative. Salon did an interesting article on Gates several years ago which discussed his political leanings: http://www.salon.com/21st/feature/1998/01/cov_29feature.html

Since this article Gates has gotten more involved in causes which could be portrayed as being to the left, including pushing for more taxes and more regulation, especially when it comes to Climate Change (formerly known as Global Warming, but soon to be called Biodiversitee).

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never though of Bill Gates as being or leaning conservative. Salon did an interesting article on Gates several years ago which discussed his political leanings: http://www.salon.com/21st/feature/1998/01/cov_29feature.html

Since this article Gates has gotten more involved in causes which could be portrayed as being to the left, including pushing for more taxes and more regulation, especially when it comes to Climate Change (formerly known as Global Warming, but soon to be called Biodiversitee).

You're missing the point, and making it for me. I said that corporations lean to the right, even if their very public face, founder and individual onwer leans left.Yes, Bill appears to lean a bit to the left for a "Master of the Universe...."

but which way does Microsoft lean?

In 2000 and 2002 (election years), the company's Republican donations were $2.5 million-more than it's ever given to Democrats-a pattern followed by most corporations, whatever the amount of donations they make to that other party that they own....:lfao:

Last edited:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
You might give money to the republicans as well if the clinton justice department came after you to.

In 2000 and 2002 there was no "clinton justice department," or case against Microsoft-more to the point, though, they gave money to the Democrats in those years as well, just not as much as they gave to the Republicans-'cause that's how corporations roll! :lfao:

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whether it is conservative or liberal bias, it doesn't matter.

The bottom line here, is that NBC's policy is that their "news guys" aren't supposed to be doing what Olbermann did. He violated their rules, and now must pay the price. It's a company policy, not a universal code of conduct amongst all agencies.

If he doesn't like that policy, then he should go work for someone else, where such a policy isn't in place.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As he'll be back on the air tomorrow night, this smells like a publicity stunt...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't know about his area, but it would have been a beautiful fall weekend to have off here in West Michigan.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is an interesting point. In grant writting to find 1.3 million to build a dojang I spent 6 moths studing the non profit giving of every single Fortune 500 company in 2002. Many or most have 501C3 foundations and the federal law requires that they are not alowed to do political contributions?

However in most cases while many allow national or anyone to apply in most cases they give only to demographic areas and projects that effect voter bases of the congressional people they want to have favor with that will give them protetions, deregulation or other things they want. Whe the senator or House member wants votes they point to look what I was able to do some unsaid some blantant. bottom line its all political no matter how they paint it.

AT&T gives 350 million a year and does business in Alaska but does not or did then not give one dollar period why we have a total population less that many large cities and only two electoral votes we do not count related to demographics? However Ted stevens by seniority could stand in on our behalf depending on the issue.

I do agree corporations tend to ride both sides what ever it takes to help them related to access, funding, sales, profits, regulation.

Latest Discussions