Kasumi-An Marishi-Kai Instructor's Guild

Albertus

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody know what this is?
According to Ben Jones' list of books about "Ninjutsu & other Bujinkan martial arts", it is listed by Hayes' name under "Books by Current or former Bujinkan Shidoshi-English" and it looks as if there are three books for the Levels 1, 2 and 3. But are they really books or manuals? And are they for sale? I know the Kasumi-An Marishi-Kai is a group of instructors, but that's all I could find. Other than Ben Jones nobody ever mentions this Kasumi-An Marishi-Kai Instructor's Guild Level 1, 2 and 3. So what is it? It intrigues me.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to Ben Jones' list of books about "Ninjutsu & other Bujinkan martial arts", it is listed by Hayes' name under "Books by Current or former Bujinkan Shidoshi-English" and it looks as if there are three books for the Levels 1, 2 and 3. But are they really books or manuals? And are they for sale? I know the Kasumi-An Marishi-Kai is a group of instructors, but that's all I could find. Other than Ben Jones nobody ever mentions this Kasumi-An Marishi-Kai Instructor's Guild Level 1, 2 and 3. So what is it? It intrigues me.

Albertus I am sorry but I cannot help you out on this one.

kcs

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i looked up the kasumi-an marishi-kai instructors guild and i keep getting archives from jack hoban and other instructors. you might email ben and see if he knows where any are that a for sale.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Marishi-Kai used to be the instructor's group for Shadows of Iga/Nine Gates Institute. New members had to be recommended and voted in by the existing membership. It later developed into what became Hayes' Quest Center franchise. I and many others quit when Hayes introduced the franchise concept and implied in the Marishi-Kai newsletter that anyone not willing to pony up the franchise fee was not serious about their training.

ToShinDoKa

Green Belt
Reaction score
The Marishi-Kai used to be the instructor's group for Shadows of Iga/Nine Gates Institute. New members had to be recommended and voted in by the existing membership. It later developed into what became Hayes' Quest Center franchise. I and many others quit when Hayes introduced the franchise concept and implied in the Marishi-Kai newsletter that anyone not willing to pony up the franchise fee was not serious about their training.

Ouch! :redeme:

MrFunnieman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Technically, the Quest Centers aren't franchised. I don't know what language was used in the newsletter, but it is my understanding that the quest centers are independently owned and the owners pay licensing fees to use the curriculum. It's not like a McDonalds where everything is regulated.

I don't have a vested interest in any Quest Center, but i don't want there to be a misunderstanding as to how Quest Centers relate to SKH, Inc.

Latest Discussions