Karate's Breaking/Tameshiwari has lineage to Korean Breaking Kihapsul/Kiaijutsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nonsense. Whatever you tell yourselves, I'm not Japanese; I don't want to be Japanese; I hate & reject Japanese. Whatever you tell yourselves, nothing changes on what's legal & moral, nor what I would do.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm 32. It is just that I'm angry a lot; I'm fed up with bullshits I am forced to deal with every day every second. I'm angry a lot at Japan & Japanese.

Regarding the other thread that was locked, the following is my reply.

I thought I was pretty clear. Rotating shoulder seems to be a common terminology in boxing. It means when you punch, the shoulder on the striking hand side moves to front. Korean techniques move shoulder when punching. Mas Oyama also taught to move your shoulder when you punch. As for Karate, just like that 1933's Tameshiwari/Breaking picture, shoulders are emphasized to be stationary & square. As for stacking speed & power (Yongryuk), it means not doing what Karate does. Karate punches use implosion & explosion at the beginning of the punch. Stacking speed & power means moving from slow to fast, accelerating without any abrupt movement of punch.

No, I mean shoulder rotation. The shoulder is supposed to move forward for powerful hand strike. I am talking about the shoulder moving forward when punching, like boxing. 1933's Karate's Breaking photo has square stationary shoulders. I also don't mean positioning such that 1 shoulder is at the front without moving. I refer to 1 shoulder moving to front when punching with that side's hand.

By implosion & explosion, I refer to how Karate explode with punch at the beginning of the punch. Not all punches move from slow to fast. Karate has explosion at the beginning of the punch in a jerking manner.

I don't really train martial arts. I'm a nerd. Amateur historian. I'm not an athlete training martial arts. Keep it simple.

So, my point is that Karate didn't have those techniques; Karate benefitted by Mas Oyama teaching those techniques to Karate's Tameshiwari/Breaking. And Mas Oyama knew about those techniques from Korean techniques which had those characteristics. So, in conclusion, Mas Oyama taught Korean hand strike to Karate's Tameshiwari/Breaking.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
4. Anti-racism is overrated. It's my right to be a racist. Also, it's not racism for Koreans to reject & hate Japan. It is just a racial correlation that Japan happens to be a different ethnicity that's hated. The hatred is not based on racial causation; it's not about Japan being a different ethnicity; it's about what Japan has done in group identity. So, it's not racism to hate Japan for Korean. Also, it's my right to be a racism legally & morally, especially if the racism is within my rights.
If you feel this way then you shouldn't be mad when Japanese treat you the same way. Just saying. Hate begets hate..

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would be happy to never date, marry, befriend nor talk to any Japanese (including anyone mixed with Japanese) ever. Also, my hatred against Japan has rightful reasons. Their hatred against me is just their ego how they don't want to be hated after they've done something wrong.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't really train martial arts.
And now it makes sense.

Most of the historian of high quality participate in the very thing that they study. They don't watch from the outside, they usually want to get as close to the reality of history as possible. I wouldn't be a good historian on Korean unless I spend some time living in Korea and absorbing the culture. The same is true with marital arts. You can't just read books and not experience what you are talking about.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm 32. It is just that I'm angry a lot; I'm fed up with bullshits I am forced to deal with every day every second. I'm angry a lot at Japan & Japanese.

Just a bit of friendly advice, you need to find away to let that anger go, speaking from experience it is not good for you at all.

Regarding the other thread that was locked, the following is my reply.

I thought I was pretty clear. Rotating shoulder seems to be a common terminology in boxing. It means when you punch, the shoulder on the striking hand side moves to front. Korean techniques move shoulder when punching. Mas Oyama also taught to move your shoulder when you punch. As for Karate, just like that 1933's Tameshiwari/Breaking picture, shoulders are emphasized to be stationary & square. As for stacking speed & power (Yongryuk), it means not doing what Karate does. Karate punches use implosion & explosion at the beginning of the punch. Stacking speed & power means moving from slow to fast, accelerating without any abrupt movement of punch.

No, I mean shoulder rotation. The shoulder is supposed to move forward for powerful hand strike. I am talking about the shoulder moving forward when punching, like boxing. 1933's Karate's Breaking photo has square stationary shoulders. I also don't mean positioning such that 1 shoulder is at the front without moving. I refer to 1 shoulder moving to front when punching with that side's hand.

By implosion & explosion, I refer to how Karate explode with punch at the beginning of the punch. Not all punches move from slow to fast. Karate has explosion at the beginning of the punch in a jerking manner.

I don't really train martial arts. I'm a nerd. Amateur historian. I'm not an athlete training martial arts. Keep it simple.

So, my point is that Karate didn't have those techniques; Karate benefitted by Mas Oyama teaching those techniques to Karate's Tameshiwari/Breaking. And Mas Oyama knew about those techniques from Korean techniques which had those characteristics. So, in conclusion, Mas Oyama taught Korean hand strike to Karate's Tameshiwari/Breaking.

The thread was locked for a reason so unless you're looking to get this one locked too, I suggest you let it go.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anger is my right.

I feel injustice being forced on me.

Also, here's 1 more reply to the locked thread.

See this book by Mas Oyama? On page 157, Mas Oyama teaches shoulder rotation to Karate.

Mas Oyama's Classic Karate

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
would be happy to never date, marry, befriend nor talk to any Japanese (including anyone mixed with Japanese) ever. Also, my hatred against Japan has rightful reasons. Their hatred against me is just their ego how they don't want to be hated after they've done something wrong.
I would be happy to see your kids marry Japanese. That would be excellent karma.

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Don't be stupid. Historians don't have to train sports to record and publish sports history. Sports histories have nothing to do whether you can actually do those stuffs or not. It's about reading and distributing historical facts.

I would disown those children. Haha. Japanese are just annoying. Like Samsung & Mitsubishi.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just a bit of friendly advice, you need to find away to let that anger go, speaking from experience it is not good for you at al
Yep, it really isn't.. It'll eat his soul.

I feel injustice being forced on me.
Spend less time reading about Martial arts and more time reading about Martin Luther King Jr. and others who have had to deal with worse. Get control over your life issues first because it's really warping your reality.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yep, it really isn't.. It'll eat his soul.

Spend less time reading about Martial arts and more time reading about Martin Luther King Jr. and others who have had to deal with worse. Get control over your life issues first because it's really warping your reality.

Maybe this will help him

They're Tibetans by the way

OP
S

Steven Lee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm not giving up on punishment, rejection, justice that are deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.