kamute

the kenpo kid

White Belt
Reaction score
what is every one opinon on the full contact no pads fighting. aka the kamute (sorry if its speeled wrong i cant spell it)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe this would be the best test for any Martial Artist but still they have rules which hinders alot of true SD types of stituations.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, In the old days of Kempo kumite...NO pads were ever around and they train with bare fists.

This is consider the "old ways"....and your body and spirit really got "tuff".
You would see lots of bloody nose's, black eyes, black and blues on the body.

Today NO one likes to get hurt or injury....also you would lose lots of your students too!

Today their is gloves,knee pads,elbow pads, body pads, helmets/headgears and shields too! Still NO full contact...most times a light contact only.

Very few schools go thru "full contact training" on a regular basis. Those who do learns faster, handles the adrenline factor better, and have better reaction times, also learns how to handle being hit, kick, punch, and so on! .......and really learns what works.

Aloha (from someone who do not like full contact) unless it is for real?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a head punch is a head punch and a body punch or kick is just that in today’s full contact no pads competition. Self defense is a little different where we pin point our techniques and strike ears, eyes, nose and throat and even a groin or knee may be thrown in for good measure. As long as we know the difference then I have no problem with it all. I do know that I have seen people get hit in the face and still retaliate very nicely but get one little finger in the eye and it is off to the hospital we go. Everything has a place and it is up to the individual to determine what they want out of their training.

Latest Discussions