Kamon BJJ/Wing Chun

OP
K

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kamon guy:

Reading your last post, I realise your not such a bad guy after all! In fact, I'm sure we would get on well if we meet up.

To be honest, though, I don't really think you understand the 'gist' of my post, and I'm not prepared to elaborate or 'share' too much on a forum.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree regarding the 'flaw' in wing chun groundwork. Should we meet up, you can always try to take me down.....but I warn you: I won't hold back with my 'firepower' and I will be wearing boots! (please don't take this as a challenge, because I just love to gwoh-sau with anybody, and I would treat it purely as a 'learning curve').

In regards to posting here, the truth is, I'm very, very busy with my own personal developments. The sad thing is, I do love to argue! LOL. But, I can understand that arguments on the net can really bring bad karma to the wing chun community in general.

BTW, I'm impress with your 'attitude'. I haven't been able to 'wind' you up, which demonstrates to me that you have a strong mind. Only people with confidence & strong self-belief can be 'generous' in their response.

This really has to be my last post here for some time.

So, I wish all my wing chun brother & sisters happy training.

I'm only human, but forums don't ind me up unless they are personal (unreasonable attacks on people). Like a few websites I have visited, there is lots of sniping and backchat about people as opposed to martial arts. It is never productive. All I see in you guys are passionate martial artists concerned that people will think bad of your particular style. I can tell you know that they don't. People read these arguments and understand both sides of the story. People know what they want, and although I wish that everyone in the world took up wing chun, some people just don't have the patience/time/money. What attracts one person to a style might put another off. As human beings that is what makes us so interesting. Our differences mean that we don't always look at things the same way. We grow up differently, have different experiences and ultimately shape our personality individual to us.

As wing chun artists, there are thousands of different theories and ways of looking at things. The only thing that does get to me is when people say an art is something is not. I saw a TKD school that claimed they were training purely for slef defence. Their fighting ability was appalling. That is not a reflaction of TKD in general, just that particular school. There is nothing wrong with saying a particular school of martial arts just trains the art side. I would have more respect for that, than a school that claims it trains ultimate knife defence when it doesn't

Chunners - never be afraid to voice your opinion. Even if your argument gets shot down, it is still productive. You might have a question that never gets answered by your Sifu, or you might like to see what people think of a certain thing. Until you ask or discuss it you will never know.

Anyway, I hope you guys and gals are well

Peace out

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kamon guy:

Reading your last post, I realise your not such a bad guy after all! In fact, I'm sure we would get on well if we meet up.

To be honest, though, I don't really think you understand the 'gist' of my post, and I'm not prepared to elaborate or 'share' too much on a forum.

I think we will just have to agree to disagree regarding the 'flaw' in wing chun groundwork. Should we meet up, you can always try to take me down.....but I warn you: I won't hold back with my 'firepower' and I will be wearing boots! (please don't take this as a challenge, because I just love to gwoh-sau with anybody, and I would treat it purely as a 'learning curve').

In regards to posting here, the truth is, I'm very, very busy with my own personal developments. The sad thing is, I do love to argue! LOL. But, I can understand that arguments on the net can really bring bad karma to the wing chun community in general.

BTW, I'm impress with your 'attitude'. I haven't been able to 'wind' you up, which demonstrates to me that you have a strong mind. Only people with confidence & strong self-belief can be 'generous' in their response.

This really has to be my last post here for some time.

So, I wish all my wing chun brother & sisters happy training.

Good luck to you chisauking. I hope you are busy in a "good" way and come back soon. I enjoy reading your posts, this thread included. At least this forum is kept civil. Animated discussion is good, but some of the other Chun sites I visited.....I wouldn't even register! LOL

Take care.

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
my thoughts on this matter lie not too far from kamons but never having seen anti grappling i wouldnt want to discount it either i try to stay open to all useful ideas that i am exposed to. aside from that kudos to you guys for keeping things civil and participating in a really stimulating debate:jediduel:

bluesmuso

White Belt
Reaction score
Si-Ji, the man pivoting in the youtube link you posted is Albert Chong here in Australia, he has years and years of experience and is trained under Yip Man lineage, I trained at the same academy, he is a lovely modest fellow, gentle and polite in spite of the fact that he could take most people apart without breaking into a sweat, it is these true experts like Albert who inspire us all.

Thanks for posting the youtube link, I enjoyed it.

As for the WC vs BJJ thing, they are both highly efficient arts and exponents from both styles could benefit by learning some techniques from the other, it is easier to train BJJ full on and hardcore than Wing Chun simply because you cannot employ the dangerous WC techniques in training due to serious injury risk, ie, a choke or take down can still be performed full on but with some control, I have a past back injury so BJJ is probably not an option for me unfortunately because I think their techniques are awesome and (at my level anyway) virtually impossible to counter.

I mix Boxing with Wing Chun they marry together as a terrific fighting format from a striker's perspective, but I think BJJ grapplers may well be the most dangerous and efficient "one on one" fighters the world has seen.

bluesmuso

White Belt
Reaction score
Si-Ji, the man pivoting in the youtube link you posted is Albert Chong here in Australia, he has years and years of experience and is trained under Yip Man lineage, I trained at the same academy, he is a lovely modest fellow, gentle and polite in spite of the fact that he could take most people apart without breaking into a sweat, it is these true experts like Albert who inspire us all.

Thanks for posting the youtube link, I enjoyed it.

As for the WC vs BJJ thing, they are both highly efficient arts and exponents from both styles could benefit by learning some techniques from the other, it is easier to train BJJ full on and hardcore than Wing Chun simply because you cannot employ the dangerous WC techniques in training due to serious injury risk, ie, a choke or take down can still be performed full on but with some control, I have a past back injury so BJJ is probably not an option for me unfortunately because I think their techniques are awesome and (at my level anyway) virtually impossible to counter.

I mix Boxing with Wing Chun they marry together as a terrific close quarter fighting format from a striker's perspective, but I think BJJ grapplers may well be the most dangerous and efficient "one on one" fighters the world has seen. Great site this forum, so much information

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
its groovy all right, thought it suited the cut and thrust of the discussion earlier and to be honest was looking for an excuse to use it lol