Just a thought....

• Thread starter Master of Blades
  • Start date
M

Master of Blades

I was sitting here reading bout the New Mortal Kombat game thats coming out or is out if your american :mad: Anyways. each character has three styles that have been chosen to be an effective warrior (Two Martial Arts and a Weapon Martial Art) and I was wondering what myself and you people would choose to be your three arts? Mine would probably be....

Wing Chun

Hapkido

Kali (Weapon Based)

P.s This probs has been posted before but leave it as I am interested in seeing what people say :asian:

OP
H

H@pkid0ist

I agree with you master of blades. I love wing chun for its striking, in my Hapkido dojang we utilize elbows quite a bit so I don't need to put MT. I may go JKD but I never studied that. I have studied WC. As far as weapons Kali/Arnis/Escrima, i love the translation from weapons to empty hand and the knife fighting. Thata be da pick fer muwa.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FMA

FMA

FMA

The first FMA would be the Stick or blunt weapon

The next FMA would be the Edged Weapon

The Last FMA would be the empty hand Weapons

Very Confused on why the FMA's are considered Weapon arts only?

Curious
:confused:

Rich
:asian:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Probably because unlike more popular systems (Korean, Japanese, etc.), weapons are usually taught first in the FMA. Others see this and think FMA is only a weapon art, not realizing or never having seen any empty-hand work of the FMA.

Cthulhu

OP
J

J-kid

The game is for Ps2 and beat the game a bunch of times at my friends house, Mortal conbat (something) Its a fun game and it isnt ment to be realistic. But o well........:)

OP
A

Angus

Nor are the UFC games realistic. How often in real life do you have a power meter? ;)

I would choose:

Muay Thai
Hapkido (close third: Taekwondo)
FMA w/ any sort of bladed weapon

That was actually a pretty tough choice. But it works out, my favorite character in the game uses Hapkido!

Latest Discussions