Julie Kedzie

JulesK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, thanks, guys! I can't really take all the credit for the success I've had thus far--I have been really blessed with the support of some great instructors (Steve Scott, James Clingerman, Lloyd Irvin) and I love my team.

If any of you are ever in the Indianapolis area and looking for a place to train, let me know!

I'll keep the stories coming when I get more
:)
jules

007tycoon

White Belt
Reaction score
Great fight with Julie and Gina Cerano the other night. Gina won, but Julie fought like a warrior, and I admire her tenacity.
Great job, Julie! You have a new fan. :wavey:

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok seriously the talented professional fighter has literally 3 rep points... two before I repped her answer to Goodfella.

Ok people that post is solid gold for various reasons start repping :)

--Infy, thinking pro fighters with her class should have more rep bars!

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, thanks, guys! I can't really take all the credit for the success I've had thus far--I have been really blessed with the support of some great instructors (Steve Scott, James Clingerman, Lloyd Irvin) and I love my team.

If any of you are ever in the Indianapolis area and looking for a place to train, let me know!

I'll keep the stories coming when I get more
:)
jules

Steve Scott is the shizz. A real stand up guy. I for some reason thought you were in the Buffalo area by Tim's school (Horizon MA). Do you train at Steves place then?

Anyway, best wishes with your endeavors. I also think that grappling sucks, btw. That is why I am currently training BJJ; to improve one of my weaker components. We all got to do what we got to do to improve... ;)

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Julie you rocked on Saturday night! That fight was awesome! As a female I watched with great pride. I always wanted to get in the cage and never thought it would be possible to be televised, but you guys proved me wrong. Maybe someday I'll be in there too, but not anytime soon...too much in awe of both of you warriors.

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gina Carano isn't on these boards by any chance is she? Great fight Julie! You win son you lose some! Keep your chin up. You both looked great!

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I recently saw the fight with Gina, and all I can say is AWESOME PERFORMANCE FROM YOU TWO LADIES!!!! That was a lot better than quite a few of the men UFC fights I've seen. Julie, don't you ever feel second class in what you do, win or lose.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If anyone's interested, Julie is having a fight on a BoDog show in a little while. It's the ION channel on cable. They are in Costa Rica. I don't know if it's live, but she's fighting a Russian girl.

Good Luck Julie!!!!

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JULIE !!!!!!!!!

What a fight! Holy Crap! Toe to toe, punch for punch, knee for knee, hold/reversal, hold/reversal. Non Stop action!

Julie VIA stoppage! Well done !

No feeling out Among the women, they go right at it! God love them!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dang it! I was just watching Ion earlier...they had the original Superman movie on. I'm VERY sorry I missed her. :(

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's O.K.! The fight I watched is on youtube. Type in Julie Kedzie and look for Julie Kedzie vs. Julia Berezekova. There are 2 parts to it. One hell of a fight.
Wow, that was a good fight :) thanks for mentioning the youtube. Nice triangle there in the end...

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah that was a nice twist. Not the way you normally see it done on the MMA shows by the men. Just re enforces what I've seen across all sports for years now. The girls are much better technically at the execution aspect. Also, Like I said, no feeling out process, just go right at it!

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah...Julie has NEVER been shy. I can assure you.

Someone recorded the fight for me. I'll probably get it this week.

Now that she's down in New Mexico, I anticipate she's going to reeeeally take off. The training is what she needs, from all I've seen. They'll get her in condition (better than she was, which was superb) and work her stand up game.

Then let's see a rematch with Carano. That would be AWESOME.

Regards,

Steve

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow! It sounds like you know and deal with her. If so, I am very envious of you.
icon10.gif

However, From watching all of her bouts I would say that her stand up game is just fine, always was. Her weaknessess were clearly ground related. I would say to tighten up there. Though, she seems to have done so already. She definitely moved much better in this fight.

A rematch with Gina would be awesome! She's improved a lot too! It will happen too, as there are only so many women MMAers right now.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow! It sounds like you know and deal with her. If so, I am very envious of you.
icon10.gif

I've known Julie since she was twelve (turned thirteen shortly after). She earned her third dan in Tae Kwon Do with me and got her start in MMA and Muay Thai in my school. Her sister still teaches TKD classes for me on Saturdays.

I miss Jules. Wish she'd come home to visit. Or write. Or something.

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions