Jon jones fails drug test yet again

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a good excuse. Cant blame a guy for trying lol
It's a terrible excuse that I can't believe some mugs are believing. No drug is going to stay in someone's system for 18 months....as someone on Twitter said a child only stays in its mother for 9 months so how can a tiny bit of drug stay in someone for 18....frankly either way he juiced then or he juiced now....there's literally 0 way to claim he's a clean athlete. Guys a scumbag plain and simple and to think he used to pretend he was this humble choir boy martial artist who was quoting Bruce Lee in post fight interviews....he literally said in one "I should've been more like water" like wtf....guys such a fake

MetalBoar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I know nothing about Mr. Jones, but I assume he was using banned PED's. But then I assume that pretty much everyone getting a paycheck for athletics, and I include scholarships in the paycheck category, is using banned PED's.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a terrible excuse that I can't believe some mugs are believing. No drug is going to stay in someone's system for 18 months....as someone on Twitter said a child only stays in its mother for 9 months so how can a tiny bit of drug stay in someone for 18....frankly either way he juiced then or he juiced now....there's literally 0 way to claim he's a clean athlete. Guys a scumbag plain and simple and to think he used to pretend he was this humble choir boy martial artist who was quoting Bruce Lee in post fight interviews....he literally said in one "I should've been more like water" like wtf....guys such a fake
Ummmm even the Anti-doping Agency says its possible and the state of California believes it since they licensed him. I'm not a doc so I have no idea if its possible or not. I give him an A for effort. I dont really care of hes "fake" as long as he puts on a good show. Most entertainers and athletes are "fake"......whatever that even means.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ummmm even the Anti-doping Agency says its possible and the state of California believes it since they licensed him. I'm not a doc so I have no idea if its possible or not. I give him an A for effort. I dont really care of hes "fake" as long as he puts on a good show. Most entertainers and athletes are "fake"......whatever that even means.
yep and they got a nice big pay check off the UFC because of it. California also let an old man with brain damage get knocked out a couple weeks back to. Combat sports is full of corruption whether it's bribes, fixed matches or whatever and if you don't think the UFC is part of that to you need to wake up

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
UFC is part of that to you need to wake up
I'm not sure where I said anything of the sort. it's all entertainment I dont care if it's fixed, doped up, rigged, clean, not fixed all I care about is that it entertains me. I dont know any of the fighters so I assume they are all fake and phoney and I dont care as long as they do thier jobs. It bothers you so dont watch it's fine that's your choice

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Id really have to see the science behind that one. I’m not saying they’re lying, but it’s EXTREMELY hard to believe. I’ve worked in sports medicine and have quite a bit of experience with the whole testing process.

Either what he tested positive for back then has an absurdly long half-life like nothing else does, he’s got some freak genetic metabolic issue where he can’t break stuff down like everyone else, or someone has something to gain.

I’ve seen the athletes try to con their way out of it many times, and the media and fans fall for it for a little bit until a true expert came out and called bull$hit. I saw through that stuff before the experts set the media straight. I don’t think it’ll be long at all before this gets laughed at by an independent expert. There’s always the chance that the drug in question truly is the exception rather than the norm. Ever so slightly better than a snowball’s chance in hell, but I guess there’s a chance.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and if it meant you had a very short life is it still worth it? If it made you sterile with heart disease and you were so aggressive none of your family wanted to know you?
21 year old JR would probably think “it won’t happen to me” or “that stuff is overblown.” I know many people who thought that, not just about this stuff.

I’ve seen quite a bit of steroid use, recreationally and performance enhancement use. I’ve seen some really bad stuff happen. I’d love to say I’d never use them, but being that age and having a realistic shot at serious money, don’t think for a second I wouldn’t be tempted and try to justify it. Id like to think I’d say no, but I’ve never been put in that situation before.

Being 42 with a wife and kids to live for, it’s an easy no at this point in my life.

I don’t judge. Until I’ve been in their situation, I don’t know what it’s like. I’ve seen it, but seeing it and being in it myself aren’t one in the same.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure where I said anything of the sort. it's all entertainment I dont care if it's fixed, doped up, rigged, clean, not fixed all I care about is that it entertains me. I dont know any of the fighters so I assume they are all fake and phoney and I dont care as long as they do thier jobs. It bothers you so dont watch it's fine that's your choice
So you don't care if they're on steroids and end up hurting or killing someone because they're juiced up and fighting someone who's not taken that crap. But as long as you're entertained who cares if these guys are killed or given brain damage and they're families lose their fathers, their mothers, their sons, their brothers or sisters who cares if these guys can't work again because they've been put in a wheel chair because of a juicer or if a guys in hospital in a coma because they've taken a beating because they've been told to lose for an extra pay off. Who cares about all that as long as you're entertained right?

And yes that stuff happens exactly like that because I've seen it multiple times. I've seen fighters die in the ring because of cowards on steroids. I've seen families torn apart because the main earner in the house has been unable to work because of fights. I've ever been offered money to throw one of my own fights and been told to just stand there take a bit of a beating then go down which I refused.

Personally I think fighters lives are far more important than your entertainment

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Id really have to see the science behind that one. I’m not saying they’re lying, but it’s EXTREMELY hard to believe. I’ve worked in sports medicine and have quite a bit of experience with the whole testing process.

Either what he tested positive for back then has an absurdly long half-life like nothing else does, he’s got some freak genetic metabolic issue where he can’t break stuff down like everyone else, or someone has something to gain.

I’ve seen the athletes try to con their way out of it many times, and the media and fans fall for it for a little bit until a true expert came out and called bull$hit. I saw through that stuff before the experts set the media straight. I don’t think it’ll be long at all before this gets laughed at by an independent expert. There’s always the chance that the drug in question truly is the exception rather than the norm. Ever so slightly better than a snowball’s chance in hell, but I guess there’s a chance.

16 hour half life for Turinabol

So in 18 months it would have halved over 750 times.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
16 hour half life for Turinabol

So in 18 months it would have halved over 750 times.
So still enough to show up 18 months later.

Yeah, if he took 100 gallons of it.

Edit: Ok, I didn’t do the math, but I think you guys know where I’m going with that one.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So you don't care if they're on steroids and end up hurting or killing someone because they're juiced up and fighting someone who's not taken that crap. But as long as you're entertained who cares if these guys are killed or given brain damage and they're families lose their fathers, their mothers, their sons, their brothers or sisters who cares if these guys can't work again because they've been put in a wheel chair because of a juicer or if a guys in hospital in a coma because they've taken a beating because they've been told to lose for an extra pay off. Who cares about all that as long as you're entertained right?
Yes that's what I'm saying. although alot less dramatically than you. Everyone knows the risks in any sports. You accept the risks when you agree to the contract. So make it entertaining.
And yes that stuff happens exactly like that because I've seen it multiple times. I've seen fighters die in the ring because of cowards on steroids. I've seen families torn apart because the main earner in the house has been unable to work because of fights. I've ever been offered money to throw one of my own fights and been told to just stand there take a bit of a beating then go down which I refused.

Personally I think fighters lives are far more important than your entertainment
Good for you.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only thing I could think of is if the chemical binds to fat, which could cause it to be released later during cut.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
21 year old JR would probably think “it won’t happen to me” or “that stuff is overblown.” I know many people who thought that, not just about this stuff.
Yeah, until the executive center finishes forming (late 20's for most folks), those kinds of risks are really hard to take into account.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only thing I could think of is if the chemical binds to fat, which could cause it to be released later during cut.
I find it interesting that the USADA would back Jones in this. They were the one that originally asked for him to be suspended 18 months on his last positive test back in 2017 so its not like they are Jones or UFC fan boys...

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the USADA would back Jones in this. They were the one that originally asked for him to be suspended 18 months on his last positive test back in 2017 so its not like they are Jones or UFC fan boys...
Yeah just as "interesting" as how they very conveniently lost one of Brock lesnars samples as well

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read one article that talked about the latest incident. In one of the more recent scientific studies done on this steroid and how long it lasts, found that the longest Turinabol metabolite only lasts 40-50 days. Dr. Bowers, from the USADA, thought that the longest was 6-9 months. The science just isn't adding up for 18 months drug free. Here is a quote from that study, which was actually using the best technology to determine it

"Our study has shown that the metabolite M3 and, to a lesser extent, its epimer and M4 are the most long-term metabolites of DHCMT. Taking into account that I and II are reportedly detectable up to 22 days post administration [3], [9] and that the relative concentration of M3in DHCMT post administration urines is normally higher compared to I and II, the detection window of M3 could be estimated as 40–50 days,"

In fact, one of the other doctors involved stated that he could only say that Jones hadn't used from August 2018 through December 2018. Which coincidentally is just when his testing started back up. Looking at the available science, Jones was using during his suspension and stopped prior to when his testing would start back up to be clean. He underestimated how long it could last and it showed up. The UFC also failed to mention that he had tested positive prior 2 times before they announced it because the other two tests did not have to be announced. In fact, the reason that athletes use this particular steroid is BECAUSE it doesn't stay in your system long at all to pass drug tests.

I have a VERY hard time believing that someone who used cocaine, tested positive for anti-estrogen substances and tested positive for steriods and then shows markers AGAIN for the same steroid just had them randomly floating in his system for 18 months. Then his own statement of "never knowingly took them", is code for "I didn't ask questions on what my trainers told me to take" to have deniability. If you were truly innocent, you would just say you never took any banned substances. He used and the UFC is throwing up smoke to get him to fight.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have many thoughts on this. I think when Jones is an old man he will look back and wonder, "What the hell did I do, how could I have been so stupid?"

Also, I don't give a rat's behind if an opponent of mine is juiced, cranked up on amphetamines or whatever the hell the latest wonder drugs are. Good luck to him, it's going to end up the same way anyway.

And I DO NOT trust drug testing at all, not one little bit. I once failed a drug test, testing positive for Heroin, Morphine and all opiates. Morphine? Who the hell does Morphine?

You know what it was from? I ate three lemon, poppy seed muffins earlier that day. Poppy seeds test positive for those three. It was the longest, ugliest week of my professional career. And since then...I don't trust no stinking drug tests anywhere from anybody.

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah i'm not buying it but this was Rogan's opinion on it.